Trenton Peabody @ Dyersburg

GrumpyBulldog

1 minute ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Man, those poor Gibson County players. Got done after a hard day from practice only to find out their game with Lake County is cancelled for no reason... Feel sorry for those players.

Just clarification, so if a region team gets the Covid bug and the game is canceled you don’t have to make it up?

2 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

Just clarification, so if a region team gets the Covid bug and the game is canceled you don’t have to make it up?

That's 100% correct. Covington (vs Millington) and Dyersburg (vs Bolton) will spend their Friday night at home being victorious. Peabody already won their game against Lake County.

Just now, pioneer42 said:

It’s a forfeit game. Lake County lost the game by not playing in TSSAA’s eyes. 1-0 Peabody 

Thanks and I thought region games were different than regular games. I understand both of the arguments maybe that we would need to play LC vice versa, but would that other school do the same for you? Just gotta look at it that way

6 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

It’s a forfeit game. Lake County lost the game by not playing in TSSAA’s eyes. 1-0 Peabody 

Actually no. According to the TSSAA Board of Control meeting of August 16, it's handled this way:

The Board voted to continue handling game cancellations due to COVID-19 in that same manner as last year. If a school has to postpone a game due to COVID-19, the two schools have the option to make up the contest at a later date. If this cannot be worked out, the opposing team will receive a win for seeding purposes. The team that has to postpone due to COVID-19 cases does not receive a loss. In football, if the game is not made up and the team that cannot play due to COVID-19 is the visiting team, they would remain the visiting team the following year

So since Peabody and Lake County are making up (and using non-region scheduled game dates), it's a legit game.

9 minutes ago, RedStateReject said:

Actually no. According to the TSSAA Board of Control meeting of August 16, it's handled this way:

So since Peabody and Lake County are making up (and using non-region scheduled game dates), it's a legit game.

It is legit because Peabody has rearranged their schedule. Rule says both schools have “option”. Peabody would have got the W if they wanted it.

4 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

On the teams Facebook page it says “we feel like the potential region Championship game should be play on the field”

You mean play a game that matters to 2 recent GoldBall winners ? Imagine that ! Jacob’s has class and feels LC got did very wrong last year and win lose or draw it’s the right decision for all involved !

2 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Big question is would Peabody have cancelled the Dyersburg game if they were getting the gate $$$??

Yes sir ! FYI for those that would like to know we are paying Dburg to cancel !!!!! Or buying out the gate so to speak ! Don’t really think a big program would suffer as bad as small schools would you ?

8 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

You mean play a game that matters to 2 recent GoldBall winners ? Imagine that ! Jacob’s has class and feels LC got did very wrong last year and win lose or draw it’s the right decision for all involved !

Jacobs said he was looking for an opponent to play in his Facebook Live interview after the Westview game. Y’all playing ball Friday??