Alcoa

vandyfan1

11 hours ago, TyroneBiggums said:

Does Alcoa have Rankins replacement on staff? Just curious since I keep hearing he only has a few seasons left. I know the rest of 3A is crossing its fingers after this year.  I’m just keeping it real

I’m not sure Rankin goes anywhere for a while. He’s probably past the age where he would want to go to a private, or another state, and “double dip.” 

10 hours ago, chs1984 said:

I’m not sure Rankin goes anywhere for a while. He’s probably past the age where he would want to go to a private, or another state, and “double dip.” 

I think he is quietly being pushed out the door behind the scenes before the long term replacement is possibly lost to another inviting job. I can assure anyone the replacements very short time remaining on being vested with the City of Alcoa was why the Catholic job didn't happen and what ever that window is may be the time Rankin has left unless he goes earlier on his own. The one thing some people don't ever get is that Rankin don't put up with any crap and that sometimes rubs fans the wrong way and look for someone other than the head coach to be the good guy. Some coaches are the worlds  greatest assistants but learn the hard way when given the whole show to run. I went through one of those when at Maryville and know what I'm talking about hands on. I also have been great friends with some Alcoa head coaches in the past and all pretty much told me the same story. There is more off the field issues than on the field but you have to deal with both and it takes somebody with a tough personality that realizes your not there to win friends but to do a job. I personally think Rankin has many more years left inside of him and he can leave today and not miss the money but dose it strictly for the love of the game. He would be the perfect coach for a team like Oak Ridge if that job opened and would do the same there as Alcoa. Just my 2 cents before I get beat up by BC.

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I think he is quietly being pushed out the door behind the scenes before the long term replacement is possibly lost to another inviting job. I can assure anyone the replacements very short time remaining on being vested with the City of Alcoa was why the Catholic job didn't happen and what ever that window is may be the time Rankin has left unless he goes earlier on his own. The one thing some people don't ever get is that Rankin don't put up with any crap and that sometimes rubs fans the wrong way and look for someone other than the head coach to be the good guy. Some coaches are the worlds  greatest assistants but learn the hard way when given the whole show to run. I went through one of those when at Maryville and know what I'm talking about hands on. I also have been great friends with some Alcoa head coaches in the past and all pretty much told me the same story. There is more off the field issues than on the field but you have to deal with both and it takes somebody with a tough personality that realizes your not there to win friends but to do a job. I personally think Rankin has many more years left inside of him and he can leave today and not miss the money but dose it strictly for the love of the game. He would be the perfect coach for a team like Oak Ridge if that job opened and would do the same there as Alcoa. Just my 2 cents before I get beat up by BC.

Interesting. Had a conversion, Friday night with one of the Alcoa Administrators. The topic.....how you spew stuff that you have no clue. Thanks for the entertainment! :lol:

I always love to keep a program from all the games I attend and was very surprised that Alcoa didn't make one this year or even last year. Was very surprised when the girl told me at the stand that their person over the boosters club was only part time and there was so much to put into something like that they weren't able to do it. I told her that's strange that the two pitiful teams from the county found time but a team that has won all of these championships can't find time to recognize their kids like most of the other schools do. Maryville's program is in all color this year. Someone is not doing a good job sounds like.

6 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I always love to keep a program from all the games I attend and was very surprised that Alcoa didn't make one this year or even last year. Was very surprised when the girl told me at the stand that their person over the boosters club was only part time and there was so much to put into something like that they weren't able to do it. I told her that's strange that the two pitiful teams from the county found time but a team that has won all of these championships can't find time to recognize their kids like most of the other schools do. Maryville's program is in all color this year. Someone is not doing a good job sounds like.

Sounds like you should take the lead and work on this for the Tornadoes, Barney. Stop complaining and get to work.

18 minutes ago, FilmCzar said:

Sounds like you should take the lead and work on this for the Tornadoes, Barney. Stop complaining and get to work.

I might have to. You have to understand I'm like the squeaky wheel which usually gets greased first. I was really disappointed  to find that out but they had a new press box on the visitor side and the new lights which were great but to forget about the kids that are out there playing for you, no way.

Just now, BarneySox2007 said:

I might have to. You have to understand I'm like the squeaky wheel which usually gets greased first. I was really disappointed  to find that out but they had a new press box on the visitor side and the new lights which were great but to forget about the kids that are out there playing for you, no way.

I can get you in touch with Mr Stephens the AD if you would like. We worked together in HS.

7 minutes ago, FilmCzar said:

I can get you in touch with Mr Stephens the AD if you would like. We worked together in HS.

For sure! barney has every high school football program known to man....back to the stone age. He'd be a good candidate to put one together for Alcoa. Would it make him stop complaining?...........heck no. 

Complaining GIFs | Tenor