Desean Bishop's quest for 3000 yards

eyeinthesky

3 hours ago, JSamson7 said:

I could care less.

Both are two different type runners. Bishop is going to get more yards than Vaughn because he is the main cog in the wheel at Karns. Vaughn won't get as many simply because Coach Hunt isn't going to build the team around one man and run him to death when he has so many options. It's also without saying that LaDue may be one of the other best runners in East Tennessee as a sophomore playing right behind Vaughn which isn't going to allow him to rack up big time yardage. I enjoy all three of these runners and love seeing them play. The one edge I give Bishop is that he plays for Karns which hasn't been a football name ever and most of his good runs were by sheer talent. I watched him as a freshman against Heritage and I wondered where on earth did this kid come from. The very next year I watch them and Heritage play and he set them on fire again. I told people on the William Blount Board he would get either 250 or 300 yards and he got 300 yards. I do think Karns as a team is getting better under Taylor because Bishops backup got 100 yards against WB plus the third string guy got a 49 yard run against WB. I do enjoy all three of these players and very exciting to watch each.

2 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Both are two different type runners. Bishop is going to get more yards than Vaughn because he is the main cog in the wheel at Karns. Vaughn won't get as many simply because Coach Hunt isn't going to build the team around one man and run him to death when he has so many options. It's also without saying that LaDue may be one of the other best runners in East Tennessee as a sophomore playing right behind Vaughn which isn't going to allow him to rack up big time yardage. I enjoy all three of these runners and love seeing them play. The one edge I give Bishop is that he plays for Karns which hasn't been a football name ever and most of his good runs were by sheer talent. I watched him as a freshman against Heritage and I wondered where on earth did this kid come from. The very next year I watch them and Heritage play and he set them on fire again. I told people on the William Blount Board he would get either 250 or 300 yards and he got 300 yards. I do think Karns as a team is getting better under Taylor because Bishops backup got 100 yards against WB plus the third string guy got a 49 yard run against WB. I do enjoy all three of these players and very exciting to watch each.

I get what you're saying, but he's not starting over Noah IMO. What he's doing isn't easy, but Noah is a better all around back. When they said Bishop had only 200 yards against LC, that confirmed it for me.

Outside of #57 & #65 on Lenoir City's defense there really isn't much there and the less heralded Robbinsville back put up almost the same amount of yards on LC as Bishop did. Granted Robbinsville isn't your typical 2A school, but they hadn't played in a month and he put up similar results to Bishop's game against LC.

Noah is a also terrific receiver out of the backfield or out in the slot, has gotten better as a pass blocker, and is proving it against much stiffer competition. Yes, he has to share the load with a slew of other top dogs on his team (#1 being the alpha), so he'll never get the gaudy numbers Bishopn churns out. So put a gun to my head, I'm taking #2 all the time.

Figure I should post Bishop's updated numbers:

• Rushed for 215 yards on 43 carries against LC (2 rushing TDs and 1 TD passing)
  • Through 7 games, he has 2,034 yards on 266 carries (7.6 yards per carry, 290 yards per game), 117 yards receiving, 18 rushing TDs, 2 receiving TDs, and 1 passing TD
  • At least 4 games remaining (Halls, OR, Clinton, playoff opponent)

Tough road to hoe, but we'll see what happens over the next month. OR and Clinton both have pretty solid defenses. If Karns gets knocked out in the first round of the playoffs, he'd have to average 331 yards per game to break the single season record. He'd need 44 carries per game to break the season record for most carries.

14 hours ago, JSamson7 said:

I get what you're saying, but he's not starting over Noah IMO. What he's doing isn't easy, but Noah is a better all around back. When they said Bishop had only 200 yards against LC, that confirmed it for me.

Outside of #57 & #65 on Lenoir City's defense there really isn't much there and the less heralded Robbinsville back put up almost the same amount of yards on LC as Bishop did. Granted Robbinsville isn't your typical 2A school, but they hadn't played in a month and he put up similar results to Bishop's game against LC.

Noah is a also terrific receiver out of the backfield or out in the slot, has gotten better as a pass blocker, and is proving it against much stiffer competition. Yes, he has to share the load with a slew of other top dogs on his team (#1 being the alpha), so he'll never get the gaudy numbers Bishopn churns out. So put a gun to my head, I'm taking #2 all the time.

Any person with two legs that can move them back and forth could run the football behind the Maryville offensive line. They have kids on that offensive line that will play Power 5 college football. Those kids on the Karns Offensive Line will be working at the Ingles Market next Fall. Get a grip, Samson. Bishop would be the starter at most any high school. The kid is going to play in the SEC for goodness sake.

Edited by FilmCzar
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FilmCzar said:

Any person with two legs that can move them back and forth could run the football behind the Maryville offensive line. They have kids on that offensive line that will play Power 5 college football. Those kids on the Karns Offensive Line will be working at the Ingles Market next Fall. Get a grip, Samson. Bishop would be the starter at most any high school. The kid is going to play in the SEC for goodness sake.

Facts

3 hours ago, FilmCzar said:

Waiting for your rebuttal @JSamson7

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, FilmCzar said:

Not meaning any disrespect to the Karns' kids but I sorta have to agree with this. Bishop has done most of this himself. But I would also say that if the RB's were switched, you would see the same results for reasons stated earlier with coaching philosophies. Vaughn would have a ton of yards and Bishop would get opportunities offered.

18 minutes ago, FilmCzar said:

Waiting for your rebuttal @JSamson7

I just typed it out and it didn't save. I'm not going to go through that whole 2 paragraph response again, but here's the short version...

When I see a less heralded (but pretty good) kid from a 2A school in NC put up almost the same amount of yards with half the carries, I feel it's a done deal on who's better. To me, having seen both in person I believe if Vaughn was on the exact same Karns team that played against LC and had 40+ carries he would have had over 350. Plain and simple...

Edited by JSamson7