TC hosts Tyner

tcjacket13

1 hour ago, MakingSense2u said:

This really doesnt have anything to do with on field play, but since its apparent with your position, history and responsibilties at TC, I have a question.  Do TC fans typically stand over near the locker room and taunt and curse at the opposing teams as they are coming on and off the field.  I wasn't going to bring this up, but that was pretty bad last night at the half, and what was worse was the rent-a-cops in police uniforms just stood there and the H20 coaching staff had to get in between the fans and players.  H20 players didnt say anything but really had no where to go.  I on the other hand was trying to find the bathroom.  LOL

Happened to Marion in 2014. Not sure about the other times we've been there. I try to not judge a fan base on a few obnoxious fans. We all have them. I've met some good people from TC.

Edited by PurplePower68

4 minutes ago, Sidelinehustler said:

There are a number of factors for the decrease in fan attendance in my opinion. Many of the avid fans have passed away in recent years or are now unable to attend due to infirmities. I know it seems rational that the younger generation would take their place. However, better education and the resulting career opportunities in other places have depleted many of the “old families” that have deep roots in Trousdale County. Unfortunately, our older local churches suffer from this trend as well. 

We have had quite an influx of people moving into the county. It goes without saying many of these people do not have the pride in school sports that has developed over generations here. 

That I can understand since the reverse could be said about Watertown.

When I was in school it would be common for our stands to be half empty at home games and just a few parents show up for away games, but today our community shows up and shows out to every sporting / academic event the kids have.

That’s why I you’ll see congratulate the community most of the time when we win!

Kids thrive on support and what you’ve seen in the last decade in Watertown ( all sports / academically) is proof of it!

1 minute ago, H2Oman said:

That I can understand since the reverse could be said about Watertown.

When I was in school it would be common for our stands to be half empty at home games and just a few parents show up for away games, but today our community shows up and shows out to every sporting / academic event the kids have.

That’s why I you’ll see congratulate the community most of the time when we win!

Kids thrive on support and what you’ve seen in the last decade in Watertown ( all sports / academically) is proof of it!

As an outsider, it appeared to me the investment in your new school and facilities was a turning point in your programs. 

43 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

These kind of things have been going on for decades at TC.  Things like not having hot water in the visitors locker room, turning the heat up in August / early September and your above mentioned observation  a long with numerous other things !

This is of course is why I have so much distain for their football program. It isn’t their teams per say… they’ve had some great teams which those state championships can attest to.

To be fair though… TC has some of the finest / hard working people around, but they turn into different people during football season!

Which is exactly why I give their fans grief on these boards. It’s not that I don’t like the people in Hartsville or respect what their football team has accomplished. It’s the disregard for acting classy  in doing so!

I do want to add that the TC and H2O kids both play with class last night. I seen several kids from both sides help each other up and stretch each other out when one or the other had cramps!

2 minutes ago, Sidelinehustler said:

As an outsider, it appeared to me the investment in your new school and facilities was a turning point in your programs. 

It was a big part for sure, but we’ve had some great people come in and invest in youth sports such as baseball, football and basketball along with numerous other things.

Again, all of this helps build a tighter community, helps the kids learn not only  about sports, but learn social skills a long with community pride, which will help them for a lifetime.

Things like these didn’t exist until the last 10 or 15 years and what you’re seeing now are the fruits of their labor!

Back to this game… I will be interested to see how TC responds to the H2O loss. 

Tyner is a great team and seems to be better coached. 

IMO it will take a darn near perfect game for TC to win. Can they do it… of course, but I’m going with Tyner by a score!

1 hour ago, DealLawyer said:

What percentage of the home stands had a butt in the seat? Was it that bad? Stream only shows the visiting stands obviously.  

Dead serious maybe 1/3 of the seats, one of the worst outings we’ve had in awhile but our crowds have been consistently declining 

3 hours ago, TCRadio said:

Unfortunately yes this has occurred on multiple occasions and is usually the same suspects. As far as the guys in uniform goes, for years they have let this slide so they know no better. This is one of the more embarrassing thing about TC. 

Definitely not casting a net over the entire fan base, just struck me odd it was allowed to happen.  Or, at minimum allowing it to just brew.  Back to football.  

1 hour ago, H2Oman said:

It was a big part for sure, but we’ve had some great people come in and invest in youth sports such as baseball, football and basketball along with numerous other things.

Again, all of this helps build a tighter community, helps the kids learn not only  about sports, but learn social skills a long with community pride, which will help them for a lifetime.

Things like these didn’t exist until the last 10 or 15 years and what you’re seeing now are the fruits of their labor!

Definitely what impressed me.  

6 minutes ago, MakingSense2u said:

Do you guys post on the internet where a person can go back and listen to your broadcast?

We use to have a replay available but we went under new ownership about 5 years ago and they did away with the replay in order to cover the UT football games etc, the community has fought for the replay to come back but the ownership is still standing on their wishes 

2 hours ago, H2Oman said:

Back to this game… I will be interested to see how TC responds to the H2O loss. 

Tyner is a great team and seems to be better coached. 

IMO it will take a darn near perfect game for TC to win. Can they do it… of course, but I’m going with Tyner by a score!

This will be a dandy. I look for Trousdale to eek out a win on the creek bank. 

• CoachT locked this topic