Bearden open

HTV

2 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

FWIW. I have heard that they want to hire JJ, but are facing backlash from community as well as HR downtown. .   I have also heard that if they can't hire him, they will fall back to a guy that used to coach at Bearden and left prior to last season.  

How could you possibly know this?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

FWIW. I have heard that they want to hire JJ, but are facing backlash from community as well as HR downtown. .   I have also heard that if they can't hire him, they will fall back to a guy that used to coach at Bearden and left prior to last season.  

Cat, I go back to what I said earlier.  

That particular candidate has already had to clear a background check to be a supplemented coach in Knox County and everybody involved knew what the requirements for the position were before they brought him in for interviews.  He has a file with HR already.  

Don't believe everything you hear, especially from those with a slant one way or the other.  

5 minutes ago, HTV said:

Cat, I go back to what I said earlier.  

That particular candidate has already had to clear a background check to be a supplemented coach in Knox County and everybody involved knew what the requirements for the position were before they brought him in for interviews.  He has a file with HR already.  

Don't believe everything you hear, especially from those with a slant one way or the other.  

Yeah I know,  again, I never said I believe it. lol.  I said "FWIW, I am hearing"

19 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

Sounds like the Milan guy who left for Maryville College. 

This sets a dangerous precedent for the hiring of head football coaches in KCS. Basically they are saying that your level of education, background in the field of education and experience working with kids is irrelevant. This guy could quit in May and leave this team high and dry for an opportunity to coach rec league again. My boy would not play in a program like that. Sad day for KCS athletics.

2 minutes ago, FHSAlum12 said:

This sets a dangerous precedent for the hiring of head football coaches in KCS. Basically they are saying that your level of education, background in the field of education and experience working with kids is irrelevant. This guy could quit in May and leave this team high and dry for an opportunity to coach rec league again. My boy would not play in a program like that. Sad day for KCS athletics.

Did I miss an announcement?

Also, seem like you’re calling the guy uneducated and saying his years of coaching youth kids and the last few years coaching at the high school level do not count as him “working with kids.” 

Some of you people are pretty pathetic. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, FHSAlum12 said:

So basically you value more a drivers Ed football coach over a football coach with an outside job? Private schools could careless as long as you produce. 

6 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

So basically you value more a drivers Ed football coach over a football coach with an outside job? Private schools could careless as long as you produce. 

*care less. Private schools could care less as long as you produce, careless would be the Bearden administration is careless when it comes to the potential negative impact this will have on the kids in their school.