Final 2A AP poll

PurplePower68

2 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

There ain’t two team better! That I can assure you. If Huntingdon gets past westview they will be champs

I’m not doubting you, but how can you be sure? Have you watched every team in the state and or seen how each team matched up?

Not trying to be a jerk here, but ain’t nobody on this board that can be 100% sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

I’m not doubting you, but how can you be sure? Have you watched every team in the state and or seen how each team matched up?

Not trying to be a jerk here, but ain’t nobody on this board that can be 100% sure.

H2O totally legit question man no disrespect taken. Everyone that’s knows me knows that I travel to watch the best games in the state. The East hasn’t had an answer for the west in how long? My point the gold ball will coming west as usual! Peace and love brother just a football guy seeing it from my view.

2 hours ago, tradertwo said:

You could say the same for most teams in the poll, but y'all are getting respect at #4...you can't argue about any team listed being unreasonably high either, just that Huntingdon and Watertown seem too low. Tyner probably should be someplace within the top 10 too.

Agree 100% with everything you said my friend never said we wasn’t getting any love just pointing out the would’ve could’ve maybe if we got the breaks wish list

every team will need some luck go there way to get to choo choo town 

best of luck to all teams!! 

Edited by Pantherpride45

3 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

Peabody Prides common sense 2 A poll

1 Fightin Fitzgerald’s aka Meigs

2 Bama Boys aka Westview

3 Huntingdon ( yes because the beat the Tide)

4 River Rats aka Riverside

5 H2O ( Gatorade) Watertown

6 TC ( sandbaggin ????)

7 Marion ( Jail house fellas)

8 Tyner ( Yetis dark horse)

9 South Greene

10 Hampton

sorry fellas not buyin the Memphis boys, I been wrong before, I may be now, but I doubt it

Looks good to me. 

8 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

H2O totally legit question man no disrespect taken. Everyone that’s knows me knows that I travel to watch the best games in the state. The East hasn’t had an answer for the west in how long? My point the gold ball will coming west as usual! Peace and love brother just a football guy seeing it from my view.

You should have came to see what the East had to offer before making those statements. Peabody had a line that was not to be challenged in 2A for the most part last year. No team has that kind of dominance from the West this year and we can all see it. Not saying anyone will win on either side but counting the East out is silly since you haven't seen any of us in person. Meigs never looks good on video, but I assure you there are some capable teams our way ol buddy.

1 hour ago, Yeti said:

You should have came to see what the East had to offer before making those statements. Peabody had a line that was not to be challenged in 2A for the most part last year. No team has that kind of dominance from the West this year and we can all see it. Not saying anyone will win on either side but counting the East out is silly since you haven't seen any of us in person. Meigs never looks good on video, but I assure you there are some capable teams our way ol buddy.

seen some video on Hunington nice facilities hmmm don't think they better than every team in East as ive seen stated, don't put the horse before the cart still gotta play the game, just saying.

10 hours ago, TheLongestYard said:

I don’t claim Huntingdon to be the best or even the next best team, but if there are 6 teams better than them in 2A then it must be pretty deep.

Well I claim it for you then, I feel the top 3 are VERY capable of winning it all, for the Stangs it’s about playing clean, just like UC you guys cannot put it on the ground and be yourselves to win T.O.P ,  fact is ,it works when you play clean ! If the arrival of the passing game wasn’t just a playing out of their minds streak ending fluke it adds a scary layer to the Arsenal as well ,Scary !!!

6 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Well I claim it for you then, I feel the top 3 are VERY capable of winning it all, for the Stangs it’s about playing clean, just like UC you guys cannot put it on the ground and be yourselves to win T.O.P ,  fact is ,it works when you play clean ! If the arrival of the passing game wasn’t just a playing out of their minds streak ending fluke it adds a scary layer to the Arsenal as well ,Scary !!!

We broke out a couple of pass plays vs Union City that we have not seen all year as well. I think ole Swenson has a couple tricks up his sleeve this year. Eubanks has a good arm, especially for a freshman, but Huntingdon has had a few guys in the past decade that could sling the ball a bit with a few more opportunities. Seems like this year Swenson is finally throwing in that little wrinkle that Huntingdon fans have been asking for for the past 10 years. 1 state championship appearance in the last 9 years when it easily could have been 4-5 if we had ANY semblance of a passing threat. That's where a lot of the frustration from Huntingdon fans comes from towards the coaching staff. It seems this year they are putting it all together at the right time and throwing in the threat of a pass to keep defenses honest.

Our secondary on defense is still super young and our biggest liability on that side of the ball. When we go up against a team that is proficient at throwing the ball, they will give us fits. That is my biggest concern for potentially facing Westview again and then Meigs in the finals. Those two teams scare me the most.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Yeti said:

You have a point. First time in two years I haven’t made a couple of 2A games in the East. That drive to Alcoa and back about ruined me this year lol

4 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

You have a point. First time in two years I haven’t made a couple of 2A games in the East. That drive to Alcoa and back about ruined me this year lol

Understand that.  Not sure if I had the time I would make the drives that you do. I'm sure you have seen some dandy games over the years though.

Edited by Yeti

On 11/2/2021 at 10:14 AM, PurplePower68 said:

Division 1-Class 2A

School Total Points Prv
1. Meigs County (10) 9-0 127 1
2. Westview (3) 9-1 110 3
3. Memphis Academy 9-1 94 5
4. Riverside 9-1 83 6
5. Trousdale County 8-1 71 2
6. Marion County 8-1 66 4
7. Huntingdon 8-2 61 7
8. South Greene 8-2 32 9
9. Watertown 7-3 27
10. Hampton 7-2 13 8

Others receiving votes: Summertown 10. Westmoreland 9. Cascade 4. Fairley 2. Forrest 2. Lewis County 2. Tyner Academy 1. Union City 1.

Westmoreland, ER, Tyner are all better than the teams from that Forrest region