Official Dobyns-Bennett 2022 Offseason Thread

DBKPT93

On 3/25/2022 at 10:54 AM, MidTennFootball said:

Oakland isn't gonna be the juggernaut you've seen the last few years. Still expect them to go deep, but graduate a ton of contributors on offense

True. But I still can’t think of a team that I would pick to beat you all. You get Maryville at home this year. Thinking long term, Creasy is not going to be there forever, but you all have a history of making solid hires.

21 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

One of the coaches from Maryville told me D-B and Maryville scrimmage game has been set this spring and to be played at Carson-Newman first week of May.

I'll be the first to say it.Maryville doesn't scrimmage to " win ".They scrimmage to get better and help develope depth for the season. So fans of DB or anyone who scrimmages Maryville.remember it's just that,a practice and nothing more for Maryville.

1 minute ago, BatmanDB said:

I'll be the first to say it.Maryville doesn't scrimmage to " win ".They scrimmage to get better and help develope depth for the season. So fans of DB or anyone who scrimmages Maryville.remember it's just that,a practice and nothing more for Maryville.

Your certainly right. Great chance to see who will be the new starters. 

26 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

"Great chance to see who will be the new starters"...............plucked from William Blount............

For your info Maryville lost a great kid and starter to William Blount also. I think Alcoa has a lineman that should be William Blount property also that transferred to Greenback then hoped over to Alcoa.

35 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

For your info Maryville lost a great kid and starter to William Blount also. I think Alcoa has a lineman that should be William Blount property also that transferred to Greenback then hoped over to Alcoa.

Nope.....he moved with his Dad to Alcoa. Keep telling us all them LIES about murvul playing with ALL murvul city talent! :lol:

3 hours ago, BatmanDB said:

That has always been my philosophy about scrimmages.

2 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Nope.....he moved with his Dad to Alcoa. Keep telling us all them LIES about murvul playing with ALL murvul city talent! :lol:

Another agent dad move, took him to Greenback to play high school football in the eight and ninth grade then to Alcoa. Surprised he hasn't enrolled at IMG yet unless he's happy with recruiters from Maryville College and Emory & Hemorrhoid.

On 3/27/2022 at 10:54 AM, chs1984 said:

True. But I still can’t think of a team that I would pick to beat you all. You get Maryville at home this year. Thinking long term, Creasy is not going to be there forever, but you all have a history of making solid hires.

I would probably like Ravenwood's chances. Were gonna take a few losses on our schedule, MRA returns alot and CPA is who they are. 

Creasy's kid is a upcoming Soph. so 3-4 years  is what Oakland can probably expect. That said, I think there are several coaches that would be a great fit, some obvious and some under the radar

19 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Another agent dad move, took him to Greenback to play high school football in the eight and ninth grade then to Alcoa. Surprised he hasn't enrolled at IMG yet unless he's happy with recruiters from Maryville College and Emory & Hemorrhoid.

..............says the arrogant murvul holy'r than tho, butt hurt, crybaby ! :lol:

You just keep thinking Alcoa can not get Kids recruited to D1 programs. 

You talking about this one..............

image.png.9935225f3a4fbe6e447706e49dbd5206.png

image.png.84136e568a1ddbaacf91b770a956233d.png

Save them spots at murvul lib college for them CA transplants bursting the rebs doors down! :thumb:

1 hour ago, BCsportsfan said:

..............says the arrogant murvul holy'r than tho, butt hurt, crybaby ! :lol:

You just keep thinking Alcoa can not get Kids recruited to D1 programs. 

You talking about this one..............

image.png.9935225f3a4fbe6e447706e49dbd5206.png

image.png.84136e568a1ddbaacf91b770a956233d.png

Save them spots at murvul lib college for them CA transplants bursting the rebs doors down! :thumb:

I hope only the best for these young men but I do know why Tennessee isn't on that list and has a lot to do with the level of competition their playing against on a regular basis. Why do you think Vaulton and Blankenship left to try and better their stock, unfortunately Covid and the crazy State Of California wrecked those boys plans but the seed was planted in their heads by Lane Kiffin.