Round 3 #1 GreenEville Vs #3 Betsy

DevilMan03

24 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

On Sept 3 Elizabethton got stomped by 30 points.         Lots of water under the bridge since then, but what do the Cyclones have to do differently this time in order to win?

Win the LOS on both sides, contain Gudger, and force some TO's.  Last time Greeneville controlled the LOA, Gudger did what he does and neither team turned the ball over.  They have to have more than Rollins going and need to complete more passes (they were 13-22 last time with their longest pass being 17 yards)

35 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Win the LOS on both sides, contain Gudger, and force some TO's.  Last time Greeneville controlled the LOA, Gudger did what he does and neither team turned the ball over.  They have to have more than Rollins going and need to complete more passes (they were 13-22 last time with their longest pass being 17 yards)

Great analysis!      So the followup question, does Elizabethton really have what it takes to get all of that done?    Or is Greeneville just too overwhelming this year?

3 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Great analysis!      So the followup question, does Elizabethton really have what it takes to get all of that done?    Or is Greeneville just too overwhelming this year?

In my opinion Greeneville is just to good this year unless they turn the ball over multiple times.  Greeneville is way more than just Gudger too and so hard to defend because they do so many things well.  Try to take away Gudger, ok Quillen will pull it and run.  Try to stack the Box, ok let’s throw a screen, throw over the middle, or hit you with the long Ball. You have athletes all over the field and their D doesn’t get enough credit (legit D1 CB’s & LB’s that hold D1 offers ).  

4 hours ago, Swipes said:

In my opinion Greeneville is just to good this year unless they turn the ball over multiple times.  Greeneville is way more than just Gudger too and so hard to defend because they do so many things well.  Try to take away Gudger, ok Quillen will pull it and run.  Try to stack the Box, ok let’s throw a screen, throw over the middle, or hit you with the long Ball. You have athletes all over the field and their D doesn’t get enough credit (legit D1 CB’s & LB’s that hold D1 offers ).  

Correct on many points Swipes.I'll take a win no matter how it happens.I personally would like to see the running game do so well that it opens up the passing game second.Old school I guess. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Swipes said:

Sounds a lot like the team Springfield played in 2017