Playoffs Quarterfinals: Henry County @ Springfield

BigRed88

I know the Jackets have seen plenty of film on the HC revamped offense and they know it’s going to be alot more difficult this time around. I expect the defense to be prepared. Im more anxious to see which Spfd offense shows up. Just like HC we’ve seen the highs and the lows. Both teams will be ready.

As of now with both teams assumingely healthy my biased prediction is 23-21 Jackets. 

This game resembles the Northeast vs. Henry County semifinal in 2013. Northeast made a trip to Paris during the regular season and barely lost. The Eagles felt like they should have won that game and when HC made the trip to Northeast for the semifinal game, Northeast thought it was a done deal...they were going to win and go to Cookeville. HC demolished the Eagles and went on to win the Gold Ball. The Patriots have been here and done that. I would love to stay with my 56 point HC offensive prediction in which I have been right on the number the last three games, by the way. However, I do not want to witness the nakedness of a Jacket fan at Midfield this Friday night. HC 49 Springfield 13

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, RollRed said:

No way y’all won the region. Y’all are ranked higher. And y’all are playing at home. I’ve never met a group of guys that wants to hold on to that under dog mentality so bad. It sounds like the situation is getting to big and if you lose y’all can say well we were the underdog. Given all the the details I just bought up it would be an upset for HC to leave Springfield with a Win. 

brother check the last 5 years quarterfinals is not big for this program anymore. The underdog roll is what we have grown a custom to around here. Nobody ever gives us a chance..we dont expect anyone to respect us we just take it. I agree it would be an upset for you guys to win...but to hear you talk we have no chance lol

2 minutes ago, Swarm4Life said:

This game resembles the Northeast vs. Henry County semifinal in 2013. Northeast made a trip to Paris during the regular season and barely lost. The Eagles felt like they should have won that game and when HC made the trip to Northeast for the semifinal game, Northeast thought it was a done deal...they were going to win and go to Cookeville. HC demolished the Eagles and went on to win the Gold Ball. The Patriots have been here and done that. I would love to stay with my 56 point HC offensive prediction in which I have been right on the number the last three games, by the way. However, I do not want to witness the nakedness of a Jacket fan at Midfield this Friday night. HC 49 Springfield 13

no way that score holds water...brother you can keep dreaming

6 minutes ago, Swarm4Life said:

I dunno but I do know NE defense avged giving up 25 ppg overall. They gave up 29 ppg to all the teams that made the playoffs that yr including HC twice.

18 minutes ago, Swarm4Life said:

:roflolk: nobody wants to see a naked Jacket anywhere near the field!!!

1 hour ago, bigdawgtn said:

brother check the last 5 years quarterfinals is not big for this program anymore. The underdog roll is what we have grown a custom to around here. Nobody ever gives us a chance..we dont expect anyone to respect us we just take it. I agree it would be an upset for you guys to win...but to hear you talk we have no chance lol

I know that 0 in the Memphis central game has y’all confident. You gotta admit that was one of the saddest offenses I’ve ever seen. And y’all bring up that sad Mr. football finalist. Our rushing game will not be held to 47 hards. And I didn’t even think he ran the ball very much. They passed a pretty good bit. Y’all act like your defense is impenetrable. We will see Friday. With the weapons we have this time around I expect our QB to find a way to exploit their weakness. Memphis gave you a gift with the worst special teams ball handling I can even remember seeing in a high school team. And like I’ve said before if HC is able to put up points your offense isn’t built to catch up. :hungry:

8 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

2015-2020

@SEC1rules, MSU is correct. We lost to Pearl Cohn in the quarterfinals in 2015 and 2016. New regions were formed in 2017, and Pearl stayed in 3A. We lost to Greeneville in Cookeville in 17, lost to Haywood in Jackson in the semis in 18, lost to Elizabethtown in Cookeville in 19, and lost at home to Hardin County in 20 in the 2nd round. I think most Jacket fans will agree that we lost that game to Hardin in 2020 more than they won and should’ve been in Cookeville again. That’s why you line up and play though, you never know.