Semifinals - Powell at West

WestHigh4Life

17 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

Should be a solid game with the winner favored to win state. West has momentum on their side, Powell has the pucker factor on their side. If Collins was playing I'd say Powell by two scores, as this game is the type where those not named Green or Redmond shine. With that said, the difference is Foust getting touches and scores. I wouldn't be surprised to see West win, as Powell likes to fumble these games away but this is the year if Powell is going is going to win it all. Powell 38 West 31

Hearing that Collins could very well be back.  

How much back is another question.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 11/20/2021 at 3:59 PM, WestHigh4Life said:

Next man up for West...they said the same thing when Blair went down and when all those kids transferred...they really are OneWest!

WH4L, there were only two transfers.  Lost 2 others to injury and one RB quit.  So yeah, that's 5 starters out all in August.  They have certainly persevered.  The team escaped with no injuries, sore but in good shape for going on week 14.  Go Rebs, beat Plow!

Wow! You all must have watched a different Powell team than I did last Friday night...  Outside of Nolen, I didn't see anyone that stuck out as "exceptional" talent on their defense.  Don't get me wrong, they were good, but I just see West coming out of the blocks a lot stronger than Rhea did, and at least throwing the ball some, lol.  And from looking at what I have seen on West's defense, I do believe that they can cover anything that Powell's offense can throw at them.  I see West winning this one by 21.  35-14.  JMO

6 minutes ago, ADS1 said:

Wow! You all must have watched a different Powell team than I did last Friday night...  Outside of Nolen, I didn't see anyone that stuck out as "exceptional" talent on their defense.  Don't get me wrong, they were good, but I just see West coming out of the blocks a lot stronger than Rhea did, and at least throwing the ball some, lol.  And from looking at what I have seen on West's defense, I do believe that they can cover anything that Powell's offense can throw at them.  I see West winning this one by 21.  35-14.  JMO

Apparently you missed #4 chasing down Rhea Countys Qb and RB in the backfield from the backside on multiple occasions. Or all of the plays #32 made fro his LB spot.  

And that's just for starters. 

So,etimes I wonder what game people are actually watching. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ADS1 said:

I'm not sure that anyone is calling Powell's defense exceptional (outside of Nolen), but maybe I missed something.

When you take Nolen off the field, they are undersized up front, and they are susceptible to being pushed around by teams who are capable of running the ball down an opponent's throat. Just look at what you guys did in the 4th quarter last week.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ADS1 said:

Not bitter are you.....lol  Powell let WAY OFF THE GAS at half on Rhea, actually don't even know if Powell even threw the ball in the second half.  Powell could of beet Rhea by as many as they wanted to.  When all the ones were in the game (1st half) Powell dominated Rhea, and in fact I don't believe Rhea even crossed the 50 in the first half.  You will see a completely different game plan from Powell than you did vs Rhea.  Either way I think it will be a great game.  I think it will be a 3 point game either way.   

27 minutes ago, HTV said:

Apparently you missed #4 chasing down Rhea Countys Qb and RB in the backfield from the backside on multiple occasions. Or all of the plays #32 made fro his LB spot.  

And that's just for starters. 

So,etimes I wonder what game people are actually watching. 

Exactly.  #32 is up for player of the week.  I think he had like 19 tackles or so.  He must of only watched the second half, when Powell called the dogs off.  lol