Westview vs Hampton

Rellim51

3 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

Let's hear how the game is going to play out with Hampton winning the ball game

All the Westweiw players come down with covid and Hampton plays their cheerleaders, Cheerleaders winning by 2 with 3 seconds left and Hampton kicks a 75 yard field goal. Crowd goes WWWIIILLDDDDDDDDDDD

8 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

Let's hear how the game is going to play out with Hampton winning the ball game

1.Lighten up Francis. No one, including you, can predict that. Is Westviews defense better than Trousdales? We all know they have a stud at QB. 

2. Get pressure on the QB. Contain him between the hash marks like the Titans did to the Ravens in the '19/'20 playoff game. 

3. Sustain drives to keep the WV offense off the field. Shorten the game. 

4. Turnovers, penalties, the unpredictable. 

5. If it becomes a shootout, be the last team to score. Manage timeouts effectively. Keep believing and fighting no matter what. You beat a great team last week and came from behind to do it. Dismissal of the victory (by WV sheep) over Trousdale in the semis is EXTREMELY unwise. 

6. Is Stud focused on the next level. What if he gets hit. Don't freak. I'm not advocating. I'm asking if he takes a lick or two does he start questioning "Why do I wanna risk multiple years under Saban for this?" For the Hampton kids, this the game of their lives. QB for WV immediately moves onto the bigger things. 

You know all this. 

Edited by GeneralForrest
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

1.Lighten up Francis. No one, including you, can predict that. Is Westviews defense better than Trousdales? We all know they have a stud at QB. 

2. Get pressure on the QB. Contain him between the hash marks like the Titans did to the Ravens in the '19/'20 playoff game. 

3. Sustain drives to keep the WV offense off the field. Shorten the game. 

5. If it becomes a shootout, be the last team to score. Manage timeouts effectively. Keep believing and fighting no matter what. You beat a great team last week and came from behind to do it. Dismissal of the victory (by WV sheep) over Trousdale in the semis is EXTREMELY unwise. 

6. Is Stud focused on the next level. What if he gets hit. Don't freak. I'm not advocating. I'm asking if he takes a lick or two does he start questioning "Why do I wanna risk multiple years under Saban for this?" For the Hampton kids, this the game of their lives. QB for WV immediately moves onto the bigger things. 

You know all this. 

GREAT POST.

2 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

3. Sustain drives to keep the offense off the field

5. If it becomes a shootout, be the last team to score. Manage timeouts effectively. Keep believing and fighting no matter what. You beat a great team last week and came form behind to do it. Dismissal of the victory over Trusdale in the semis is EXTREMELY unwise. 

You know all this. 

I'm all good. I'd like to see Westview win, but no allegiance to that team or school.

I wanted to see how Westview and Hampton stack up against each other and was actually surprised when I watched the Hampton/Boone game and some of the Hampton/Rockwood game. I just feel that Hampton is more of a Huntingdon. Huntingdon moved the ball on Westview some, but the problem was them stopping Westview which they didn't.

How many Hampton kids play on both sides of the ball?

1 minute ago, GeneralForrest said:

5. If it becomes a shootout, be the last team to score. Manage timeouts effectively. Keep believing and fighting no matter what. You beat a great team last week and came form behind to do it. Dismissal of the victory over Trusdale in the semis is EXTREMELY unwise. 

You know all this. 

WV QB is straight focused on this game and not a day after it right now. Has been since the end of last season. He is ready to give his all. But also with him being next level he knows how to take hits or better yet, avoid them by running. But he isn't the only standout WV has.the connection between QB and his receivers has been phenomenal and their defense is the best it has ever been. And the kicker and specials team is also really good.. This team as a whole has been the most in sync with each other team WV has season in a very long time. I can promise you if QB gets hit he will be getting right back up and ready to do it again. He is very selfless and is all about his team. The culture of this team and the coaching staff as a whole has set them apart.

You know all this. 

Well said. Predicting games is a waste of time. Certainly,  you have a right to your opinion, but base it on something besides bravado. Being from West TN, it's understandable, but dial it back quite a bit. As Forrest said, too many variables in any game.

6 minutes ago, Chargermama said:

WV QB is straight focused on this game and not a day after it right now. Has been since the end of last season. He is ready to give his all. But also with him being next level he knows how to take hits or better yet, avoid them by running. But he isn't the only standout WV has.the connection between QB and his receivers has been phenomenal and their defense is the best it has ever been. And the kicker and specials team is also really good.. This team as a whole has been the most in sync with each other team WV has season in a very long time. I can promise you if QB gets hit he will be getting right back up and ready to do it again. He is very selfless and is all about his team. The culture of this team and the coaching staff as a whole has set them apart.

This is rah rah fluff. i know the kid is a phenom. but he's human. He will hear Nick's voice in his ear if this game starts to head south. Riverside was smacking them around. Hampton def has a shot here. 

Edited by GeneralForrest

This is rah rah fluff. i know the kid is a phenom. but he's human. He will hear Nick's voice in his ear if this game starts to head south. Riverside was smacking them around. Hampton def has a shot here. 

Ain't never been a horse that couldn't be rode.

10 minutes ago, pujo said:

GREAT POST.

thanks. i will say this. if the hampton kids are shell shocked in terms of "bright lights big city game/deer in headlights" for even half a quarter this could be ugly. they, as derrick henry says, need to deliver hits right away or they will be delivered to you.  they need to brang da noise. too often the underdog approaches this kind of game too casually. they need to hit westview in the mouth from the get, metaphorically speaking. a big special teams hit, force a 3 and out or 2, this is a championship football game. attack immediately. catch them napping. 

1 minute ago, pujo said:

Ain't never been a horse that couldn't be rode.

Absolutely. I think most people forget he is human. But I also think so many forget there are more players on the field for WV than just him. I think it will be a hard fought game for both teams and should be a great one to be in the stands for. 

Just now, Chargermama said:

Absolutely. I think most people forget he is human. But I also think so many forget there are more players on the field for WV than just him. I think it will be a hard fought game for both teams and should be a great one to be in the stands for. 

and i am not taking away from westviews team effort. absolutely. 100%. but they all know very well the entire state is picking them. i dont care what anyone says. it relaxes you. you play like you already have a 2 score lead when its 0-0. Hampton needs to play like its starting 0-14.  

2 minutes ago, Chargermama said:

Yeah if we were playing Just him ,it would be game over. Never seen a good one man football team. He's a goodun and the best we've ever faced but like you said,Human.