Milan Head Coaching Job?

ttitan27

6 hours ago, sportsfan53ray said:

Milan always seemed like a conservative Bible belt town. Diffee, coming from the Hugh Freeze coaching tree, never seemed like a good fit. Might want to put some different people on the search committee.

Obviously no one cares about it being the Bible Belt since they can spread rumors behind a fictitious name on social media.  As stated above, unless you were there you don’t know the facts.  PERIOD!!!! 

On 12/30/2021 at 10:53 PM, ManOfMillions said:

I hear Terry would take the job.... He won almost as many game as wonder boy Diffee. It is funny that coach TP won one less game in 2 years as wonder / lover boy. Diffee probably will get a job selling cars at the Nissan place in Jackson! His first year will be on fire! If his pappy can't get him a job selling cars he can always change oil or brakes. 

Do you really find it necessary call people names and insinuate things. Sounds like someone is a tad jealous for some reason. Of course, getting a job changing oil and brakes would be better than working at a hut in the mall.

On 12/29/2021 at 2:45 PM, TryNotToSuck said:

Yeah, this is misleading. I know there has been former High School players that went on to be student assistants at Memphis under Mike Norvell. The one I am close to went to North Side, he spent an internship with the Buccaneers and had an opportunity to go to Dallas and work for the Cowboys, but passed. There are two more that went to Dyersburg High and is still down there. Do you believe they know offense better than anyone because they spent some time in one of the best offensive systems in the country at Memphis under Norvell? I understand that Carr played at UTM, and spent two seasons at Temple, but Rhule is a defensive guy. Carr should've stayed with him at Baylor if he wanted to. 

Regardless, was Diffee a student assistant at Ole Miss? Being a GA in college is a hard and sacrificing job, but let's not sit there and act like those guys are football guru's. Because Diffee Carr, and some of the guys that I listed above (which I won't release names due to privacy reasons) spent time in college football, does that make them qualified for the job?

If Carr wants to be a head coach now, then Chester County would be the best fit for him. I would love for him to be a head coach for the Eagles. He has earned the right to be a head coach.  If not Chester County, then he'll have to be patient for now. For the Milan job: Tab Vowell will be the only guy I would recommend for this job. However, I can see him going to South  Gibson over Milan. If Milan doesn't want to go after Tab Vowell, then they would have to go outside West Tennessee to hire their next coach. Because  right now, there are now plenty of jobs that are better than Milan. Dyersburg, Henry County, Peabody, USJ, Hardin County, Lexington, Huntingdon, Hardin County,  Haywood, Covington, Munford, etc. Those jobs are better than Milan right now. Why? Because they would have to beat Haywood, Tullahoma, Pearl Cohn, and Montgomery Central in November? Add on Greeneville, Anderson County, and Elizabethton in December. I didn't even mentioned the schools in Memphis that they'll see in rounds 1 and 2. Everybody in West Tennessee knows what's going on at Milan. It's not really a secret. They see the "3rd coach in 5 years." Why would they leave their respected school to be pressured to win a state title at the hardest classification (probably other than 6A) in the state?

When Morris retired, they gave the job to Teddy Pettigrew, how'd that go? I do think that reason could prevent Carr from getting this job. I don't think Milan wants to go with the "hire from within" route again.

I have heard Carr's name come up several times in different searches. Sounds like he may land somewhere. Who knows. Most everything that is out there now is rumors or hear say. Who really knows. I think Milan has the resources and the facilities to land a fine coach and will be fine. Boy, did I get it wrong with the last 2! I guess that is why I am not making those decisions! 

4 hours ago, Tata said:

Kevin Ward would win big in his first year at Milan. He is from Milan and has won at Camden and Crocket, neither of which are as loaded with players like Milan. The next hire needs to have some understanding of the Milan history.

They would have to offer more this time than last time and not sure they would or if he would even take it this time.