What’s up with Jordan James?.....

MLREB

13 hours ago, cbg said:

I am just old enough to remember when a select few young men from small towns all over the South would accept a football scholarship to play for the local state institution.  These young men were not from wealthy families and a football scholarship was the only way that they could ever receive a college education.  Most of these young men did not have aspirations of playing professional football but merely wanted to be able to support their families and have a better quality of life than their parents.  In most instances progress is for the better but when a very large percentage of college athletes don’t take advantage of getting their education with the thoughts that they will turn pro and make millions something is wrong.  Education is truly the best and most secure way out of poverty!

You got to have those institutions actually offer the kid first. Middle would rather have a teamful of kids from Fla & Ga. 

22 hours ago, cbg said:

I am just old enough to remember when a select few young men from small towns all over the South would accept a football scholarship to play for the local state institution.  These young men were not from wealthy families and a football scholarship was the only way that they could ever receive a college education.  Most of these young men did not have aspirations of playing professional football but merely wanted to be able to support their families and have a better quality of life than their parents.  In most instances progress is for the better but when a very large percentage of college athletes don’t take advantage of getting their education with the thoughts that they will turn pro and make millions something is wrong.  Education is truly the best and most secure way out of poverty!

College players jumping into the transfer portal to see who will pay them big NIL money just like the Oklahoma QB that did and was offered one million by a fan will be the start to the end of college football as it once was. I could care less about the game when a kid goes to Alabama because a tea company forked out a million dollars to come play there. Your buying your championships and one reason a certain place has won so much because they got on board years ago and have always played using under the table money and even got caught doing it one time and still never learned their lesson. You can't beat somebody that is paid well to go there. Not only that but now high school kids are being used by the parents moving them all over the map to find a place that will do favors through supporters. That we seen for our own eyes this past summer when a mother ask a local coach what can you do for me and left him speechless while peddling her son to the highest bidder. Don't have to say much more about that story and why the general public despises a certain program in the local area.

3 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

College players jumping into the transfer portal to see who will pay them big NIL money just like the Oklahoma QB that did and was offered one million by a fan will be the start to the end of college football as it once was. I could care less about the game when a kid goes to Alabama because a tea company forked out a million dollars to come play there. Your buying your championships and one reason a certain place has won so much because they got on board years ago and have always played using under the table money and even got caught doing it one time and still never learned their lesson. You can't beat somebody that is paid well to go there. Not only that but now high school kids are being used by the parents moving them all over the map to find a place that will do favors through supporters. That we seen for our own eyes this past summer when a mother ask a local coach what can you do for me and left him speechless while peddling her son to the highest bidder. Don't have to say much more about that story and why the general public despises a certain program in the local area.

Listen to the Jimbo Fisher interview when he talks about the NIL deals.  In a nutshell, he says it has been happening for years for a lot of programs, it's just that the kids weren't directly compensated in all cases.  He even laughs during the interview.  The only change I see is that it now has daylight shining on it.

4 hours ago, PurplePanther said:

Listen to the Jimbo Fisher interview when he talks about the NIL deals.  In a nutshell, he says it has been happening for years for a lot of programs, it's just that the kids weren't directly compensated in all cases.  He even laughs during the interview.  The only change I see is that it now has daylight shining on it.

That’s the best explanation why some schools have a lot of great players standing in line to play.

4 hours ago, PurplePanther said:

The main issue was that the IRS was going to expose everyone (athletes, coaching staffs, academic institutions, donors, etc...) if they didn't get their tax revenue.

• Like 1

Keeping this thread on point... after watching last night's game I think Jordan fits very well into what UGA is doing on offense. Very similar to what he did at Oakland when in the I and in the gun. He will be very successful there and he will play a lot by the time he is a sophomore / junior. Best of luck to him! Congrats Dawgs!