Boyd Buchanan opened up today

HTV

1 hour ago, MidTennFootball said:

Not sure Barney could handle that. His logic is the same logic alot of schools have, they'd rather stack up wins than challenge themselves. Thankfully, Oakland didn't do that.

Fact. You'll never see murvul pack a schedule and play out of state powerhouse/championship teams like Oakland did.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, HTV said:

So you are telling me that all of the football players at GCA were 4.0 GPA/4.3 40 kids?  

That's just preposterous.  

GCA is one of the one's between a rock and a hard place. One foot is in the door but the other isn't like Boyd Buchanan. GCA and Boyd Buchanan is nowhere you want to go coach if your wanting to win big time because their limited in their resources. The Baylor's, Brentwood Academy's, McCallie's and that type are the privates that have really muddied the waters especially in Nashville and Chattanooga.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

GCA is one of the one's between a rock and a hard place. One foot is in the door but the other isn't like Boyd Buchanan. GCA and Boyd Buchanan is nowhere you want to go coach if your wanting to win big time because their limited in their resources. The Baylor's, Brentwood Academy's, McCallie's and that type are the privates that have really muddied the waters especially in Nashville and Chattanooga.

The issue with most of the D2AAA private schools is two fold:

1.  It’s difficult to get kids that qualify academically but its even more difficult to keep them in school until gradation

2.  Only a small percentage of kids and their families want the kids to actually do 3-4 hours of homework each day and that includes the weekends.  A high percentage of kids in elementary school and middle school today ever have homework. 

9 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

So you were alive in 1935?

Waiting for someone to catch on. That was how Maryville got the name Rebels. The coach said he was proud of the kids that played and called them true Rebels for doing so and the name changed from Red Elephants to Red Rebels. That is why we don't want that name changed. There was a reason behind it that all the idiots that don't like it that try to make it something else to fit their narrative don't understand.

Edited by BarneySox2007
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Fact. You'll never see murvul pack a schedule and play out of state powerhouse/championship teams like Oakland did.

Fact you go out of state and get the short end of the stick by the zebras.  Did Alcoa not learn that lesson in Kentucky a few years ago. I know we sure did against Middlesboro in the 70's and learned from our mistake not to do so again.

Bottom line on the big boy private schools, they are the Wild Wild West of high school football. Most of the smaller private schools as I said can't play by the big boy rules because the lack of funds. Gary Rankin is to old to be running around and chasing today's type of kids that will commit to coming there and lie right to your face and go somewhere else like the big college recruits do on signing day. A lot of people may laugh and some will get right mad but had I been Rankin and got pressed by an assistant on my staff to move over because he almost left for Catholic I Would have sent him packing. I'm the head coach here and don't need another Fulmer ( Judas ) and Majors type situation happening behind my back especially if I wasn't ready to give the game up. Don't take this wrong because I do like Nix but saying how I would have handled things had I been Rankin.

Edited by BarneySox2007

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Fact you go out of state and get the short end of the stick by the zebras.  Did Alcoa not learn that lesson in Kentucky a few years ago. I know we sure did against Middlesboro in the 70's and learned from our mistake not to do so again.

Alcoa played KY state Champions Bell County in 2009. That was a great game and experience. They put up as much fight as murvul did that year! :thumb:

image.thumb.png.654b02ba29ef8b95a730ff683e78a288.png

• Upvote 1