Boyd Buchanan opened up today

HTV

32 minutes ago, HTV said:

When it is a place that potentially involves the winningest coach in Tennessee high school football history it is something worth talking about.  

Isn't Rankin one of the reasons for the split of public and private?  When he was getting thumped by Brentwood Academy when he was at Riverdale?  Funny that he may go private now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WingT08 said:

tell us how you really feel Barn

Me for one would like to see Rankin get his 500th win and was hoping it would be at Alcoa. It will be forever and a day getting that win at this private school in Chattanooga. For somebody that had to be dislodged from 2A by the past principal Bell to move into 3 A because he loved the trophy collection I find it hard to understand going to a place he'll never see a trophy again while he goes to watch Alcoa play nearby in the championship game for the rest of his career knowing that trophy should of been at his house. Now if your wanting my point of view of the private schools I'll first tell you I wouldn't be caught dead in a sweater vest. When I think of the private schools especially the large ones I think 4.0 GPA or 4.3 Forty Yard Dash to qualify. I followed a private school a few years back a family member played on and had a great time watching them but their caught between a rock and a hard place which will never allow them to win it all or even be half way decent. The larger private schools are the Wild Wild West of High School Football and should never play a public school for any reason. There're buying kids right out of your feeder system and you want to play them in a game against your own kids. you have to be nuts to do that. Let them fill their own schedule with games 400 miles away if they want to give free rides and pay a coach a kings ransom to only coach just like a college would. 

Edited by BarneySox2007
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, PurplePanther said:

Isn't Rankin one of the reasons for the split of public and private?  When he was getting thumped by Brentwood Academy when he was at Riverdale?  Funny that he may go private now.

You could be correct.  I don't really remember his position on that.

I do find it interesting that a former coach from Oneida, who was very outspoken on the private schools in his classification at the time, is now on the staff at Knoxville Catholic.  It's interesting what happens when situations change and one needs a job.  

7 minutes ago, HTV said:

I do find it interesting that a former coach from Oneida, who was very outspoken on the private schools in his classification at the time, is now on the staff at Knoxville Catholic.  It's interesting what happens when situations change and one needs a job.  

Say that again!

1 hour ago, HTV said:

What's even more funny is that if said Coach at KC didnt get that job there was a GREAT possibility he would be with the GOAT wherever he did end up.BUT he is a KC coaching with his good friend and OC Ryan.Your point is humorous tho.They both along with Ryan didnt want the Privates either and may ALL end up Sweatervesters!

27 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

What's even more funny is that if said Coach at KC didnt get that job there was a GREAT possibility he would be with the GOAT wherever he did end up.BUT he is a KC coaching with his good friend and OC Ryan.Your point is humorous tho.They both along with Ryan didnt want the Privates either and may ALL end up Sweatervesters!

Yep. And before I am branded a hater, I am certainly not anti private schools.  I have said for a while now that I lean towards school vouchers for all at this point. 

That said, I am still very much for publics and privates having their own divisions come playoff time.  

And sometimes past words do come back to bite one in the behind. All of us. 

30 minutes ago, HTV said:

Yep. And before I am branded a hater, I am certainly not anti private schools.  I have said for a while now that I lean towards school vouchers for all at this point. 

That said, I am still very much for publics and privates having their own divisions come playoff time.  

And sometimes past words do come back to bite one in the behind. All of us. 

Good post!Totally agree.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2022 at 11:29 AM, BarneySox2007 said:

Me for one would like to see Rankin get his 500th win and was hoping it would be at Alcoa. It will be forever and a day getting that win at this private school in Chattanooga. For somebody that had to be dislodged from 2A by the past principal Bell to move into 3 A because he loved the trophy collection I find it hard to understand going to a place he'll never see a trophy again while he goes to watch Alcoa play nearby in the championship game for the rest of his career knowing that trophy should of been at his house. Now if your wanting my point of view of the private schools I'll first tell you I wouldn't be caught dead in a sweater vest. When I think of the private schools especially the large ones I think 4.0 GPA or 4.3 Forty Yard Dash to qualify. I followed a private school a few years back a family member played on and had a great time watching them but their caught between a rock and a hard place which will never allow them to win it all or even be half way decent. The larger private schools are the Wild Wild West of High School Football and should never play a public school for any reason. There're buying kids right out of your feeder system and you want to play them in a game against your own kids. you have to be nuts to do that. Let them fill their own schedule with games 400 miles away if they want to give free rides and pay a coach a kings ransom to only coach just like a college would. 

:bored:

On 2/22/2022 at 10:29 AM, BarneySox2007 said:

You have no idea, try living in the Nashville area.  

• Upvote 1

On 2/22/2022 at 11:29 AM, BarneySox2007 said:

So you are telling me that all of the football players at GCA were 4.0 GPA/4.3 40 kids?  

That's just preposterous.