Preseason 1A football team rankings in fans opinions

mrbigster

13 hours ago, orngnblk said:

I agree with your assessment.Only thing scary in GB is what will that E guy will do on 4th and 24 on his own 10.He has to show me he can actually coach before I can even evaluate our boys.Hopefully after last year he will at least get them in shape to play 4 quarters before the fifth game.

Yeah, I... don't understand the thought process behind who they hired there. Greenback seems like a good job a fair amount of decent candidates would want, and yet they go with a guy with an overall losing record who allegedly got fired from one school for knowingly playing a kid who was concussed or something to that effect. Greenback has a lot of young kids, though, and I tend to think they'll be probably a solid #2 in that district. If all that young talent gels over there in the next year or two, though, there may be some long nights for the teams in my neck of the woods in 2023 and maybe 2024.

It's still early, but if I had to make picks on how Region 2 should play out...

1. Coalfield - Too much returning and even coming in to not win that region and at least get to the third round of the TSSAA playoffs or maybe the semis again.

2, Oakdale - They lose Vera, but a lot of the better players on the team are back and Voyles will coach them up well.

3, Greenback - Could easily flip-flop them with Oakdale as they seem to return more than the Eagles, but the jury is still out on this current coaching regime.

4. Oliver Springs - Harper should have a good enough team to make the playoffs but they're still about a year or two away from a big leap forward.

5. Harriman - When that offense clicks, they can play with or beat anybody but Coalfield right now. Thing is putting it all together through a ten game season. If McCullum plays, that will help the offense.

6. Midway - Coach Campbell is a solid coach and a solid guy, he just may be in for a rebuilding year South of the River with all the talent they lost this past year due to graduation. Hegland is gonna be tough to replace at QB.

7. Sunbright - They got some kids who can play with anybody. Jones is a stud on defense and Crady could break out this season after showing flashes of potential last year. Biggest thing with them, however, is depth. 

Post-season predictions...

Coalfield goes to 3rd round or semis. Coalfield should get through the first two rounds fairly easily. The potential Cloudland game could go either way but I give the edge to Coalfield right now. Can't see the Jackets having the speed or depth to get past Gordonsville or South Pitt in the playoffs. 

Oakdale goes to 2nd round. They should beat Jellico or Unaka, but I have a hard time seeing them get beyond that. Still would be a huge year for Oakdale, though.

Greenback should go to the 2nd round. I think talent-wise they are in better shape than Unaka or any team in Region 1 not named Cloudland.

OS or Harriman will likely fall to Cloudland in the first round.

On 5/15/2022 at 1:15 PM, mrbigster said:

I think LC beats Peabody.LC played Trenton tough in playoffs but running back was the difference in that game with break away touchdowns but Ganaway is gone.

Lake County, Peabody and McKenzie will all be good around here. Will be interesting. Look forward to it.