William Blount 2022

15 hours ago, strongx said:

So…$1M plus for turf on a field with a life expectancy of 10-15 years. 5 games a year would be 50-75 total games for that cool mil. I may need some rithmatik help but that seems kind of crazy especially knowing you are gonna need a few hundred grand to “reseed”. The programs might be better served by bringing NIL to high school. 

15 hours ago, strongx said:

So…$1M plus for turf on a field with a life expectancy of 10-15 years. 5 games a year would be 50-75 total games for that cool mil. I may need some rithmatik help but that seems kind of crazy especially knowing you are gonna need a few hundred grand to “reseed”. The programs might be better served by bringing NIL to high school. 

Don't forget that the field also serves the needs for the Soccer team, Band practice, JV Games, Middle School Games, Freshman games, Midget league games that most grass fields would look like a garden during a rainy fall season not to mention all the practice sessions the football team goes through.

8 hours ago, OldRebel2 said:

I don't understand the $4M price tag.  There's got to be more "stuff" than just turf included in that price tag.  Maryville's & Alcoa's turfs were nowhere near that amount.

im guessing a million to the sheriffs dept!!! another million to the mayors "discretionary fund"!! then the last million to the highway dept !! Because we all know they are responsible entities!!:thumb::thumb:

• Like 1

I wonder if Knoxville ADs started saving yet to replace all those fields or will the big donor come thru again? If I remember right, the Knox  schools were done over 3 yrs. I hope they don’t wear out at the same time. Maybe each school will be on their own. 

I can’t wait to see the hairtage end zones!

7 hours ago, strongx said:

I wonder if Knoxville ADs started saving yet to replace all those fields or will the big donor come thru again? If I remember right, the Knox  schools were done over 3 yrs. I hope they don’t wear out at the same time. Maybe each school will be on their own. 

With Pilot not having a presence in the area with their stores would make one think when this time arises. Maybe Jimmy can withhold Deshuan Watson's 6 game suspension money for visiting "The House of Negotiable Affections" that he got right to the happy ending without negotiating and put it in a kitty to be taken out 12 years from now.

On 8/4/2022 at 11:15 PM, strongx said:

I asked a Knox County AD friend that and he told me that the money is budgeted to replace them when they need to be replaced.  

And the Haslams sold the Pilot convenient stores to Casey's, but they still retain a share in Pilot/Flying J travel centers, although they aren't involved in day to day operations any longer.  Big Jim sold most of the family stake because neither Jimmy nor Bill were interested in being involved.  Jimmy is butt deep in running the Cleveland Browns, and Bill just bought a share of The Nashville Predators and will be the majority owner within 5 years.  

20 minutes ago, HTV said:

I asked a Knox County AD friend that and he told me that the money is budgeted to replace them when they need to be replaced.  

And the Haslams sold the Pilot convenient stores to Casey's, but they still retain a share in Pilot/Flying J travel centers, although they aren't involved in day to day operations any longer.  Big Jim sold most of the family stake because neither Jimmy nor Bill were interested in being involved.  Jimmy is butt deep in running the Cleveland Browns, and Bill just bought a share of The Nashville Predators and will be the majority owner within 5 years.  

Big Jim made a good decision after the rebate scandal so he saw it less dangerous to him letting little Jimmy mishandle the quarterback situation in Cleveland. He also seen how Little Bill's Gas Tax Hike worked out. Now you can buy a 3 bedroom 2 bath pothole on Pellessippi Parkway so he'll be dealing with a bunch of Hockey from now on.

3 hours ago, strongx said:

If they have the $$ to spend, then why not I suppose. I assume they have repaired the leaking roofs and met the teachers needs. I know they have enough parking to keep kids from parking on the surrounding roadways.

The issue with the county schools starts at the top. The man that likes to get his picture in the paper all the time that keeps getting elected that couldn't run a lemonade stand.