Enrollment Numbers

7 minutes ago, YBsostupid said:

Trenton Peabody lacked just on ( 1 ) student from going 2A instead of 1A.  When a school lacks 1-4 students then some type of verification should be applied.  In addition, when a school with about 335 students has an athletic offensive line that averages about 6' 2" and 280 pounds for 6-7 years in a row then something just ain't right.  Trenton Peabody again this year has an offensive line that could go up against any 6A school in the state.  This just does not add up.  I just can't see anyone other than a Trenton Peabody fan disagreeing with me on this.  Once in while a small town school might just happen to have a few classes like that.  It happens.  This was the case with Adamsville for a few years.  Now, with the same coach, all those extra large kids are gone.  Maybe in a few years they'll have another few classes of bigons.  But, for it to go on as long as it has at Peabody just doesn't pass the smell test.

There will always be schools that teeter on the breaking points of enrollment.  I'd be more leery of enrollment numbers if there were a "hard set" number instead of dividing classes equally.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, crow said:

I agree. It’s hard to fudge the numbers that close to stay in any particular class when you don’t know what everyone else’s numbers will be or what the cut off will be in the end. A set number would be more suspicious. 

Were 2a and were gonna be 2 a period, do think our Baseball and Basketball will both move to 2a.

3 hours ago, crow said:

I agree. It’s hard to fudge the numbers that close to stay in any particular class when you don’t know what everyone else’s numbers will be or what the cut off will be in the end. A set number would be more suspicious. 

Wouldn't surprise me to see the new school and GP in 2a.

On 9/29/2022 at 7:27 AM, pujo said:

Wouldn't surprise me to see the new school and GP in 2a.

Looks like Peabody and Fayetteville heading to 2A on the west side.

Union City will be classified as 1A.

Houston County at 371 will be around the cutoff for 1A. 

That is if all the enrollment numbers gathered match what the State Dept of Education says.

Just a rough look at our 1A class.

9 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Looks like Peabody and Fayetteville heading to 2A on the west side.

Union City will be classified as 1A.

Houston County at 371 will be around the cutoff for 1A. 

That is if all the enrollment numbers gathered match what the State Dept of Education says.

Just a rough look at our 1A class.

Just to let you know, My brother and family are in their new home, A very big thank you to you and all the people who pitched in, This world is not as bad as some might think, ton's of great caring people out there. My friend forever that I've never met, thats gotta change.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, pujo said:

Just to let you know, My brother and family are in their new home, A very big thank you to you and all the people who pitched in, This world is not as bad as some might think, ton's of great caring people out there. My friend forever that I've never met, thats gotta change.

God is Great.

5 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

God is Great.

You just have to look that way and depend on his guidance, We are not man made creatures and need to understand our maker. It is and always be the hope of mankind. The blessings are out there for anyone who is willing to let him lead us. Were not sharp enough to lead ourselves. Been tried and failed a billion times. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, pujo said:

You just have to look that way and depend on his guidance, We are not man made creatures and need to understand our maker. It is and always be the hope of mankind. The blessings are out there for anyone who is willing to let him lead us. Were not sharp enough to lead ourselves. Been tried and failed a billion times. 

Agreed.