5A/6A Scrimmages

On 7/24/2022 at 11:38 AM, WaCoJaCo said:

Most DB fans get a little frustrated come scrimmage time. I don't recall at any time when DB went into a scrimmage to win it, or see how many scores they can get. It's frustrating to the fans because we're all ready for some football and we're all wanting to see the horses run. I think most staffs are like this but there are some that would prefer to show off rather than teach and learn. It's even worse if you have a bunch of players returning. You pretty much already know what they can do so you tend to sprinkle in the younger and less experienced guys to see how they react. I could probably count on one hand the number of scrimmages DB has "won" in the past 10 years. I've learned not to get excited or dejected over a simple scrimmage. 

I saw Maryville lose a lot of scrimmage games over the years.

Whitehaven is supposed to be taking on MUS in their annual scrimmage match up. I will miss it because I just learned about it and I got friends in from out of town. Check out this article about Da Haven from the Tri-State defender... it should be free to see

https://tri-statedefender.com/knowing-that-the-standard-is-the-standard-whitehaven-looks-to-move-beyond-last-seasons-disappointment/08/03/

Mount Juliet shared its fair share of ups and downs against Clarksville. The First string had their way with Clarksville 14-0, 2nd string finished 14-14. Final score I guess would be 28-14….MJ’s big play potential intrigues me, but the interior O-Line play was sketchy. They have 2 bigs up front and the rest are quite undersized. The play calling is once again VERY predictable, I hope they get more creative.. Clarksville was alright on defense and had some athletes on the offensive side. MJ’s defense was good, sometimes dominant and other times a bend but not break mentality. I look forward to next weeks scrimmage against Ensworth. 

12 hours ago, ftbllfan23 said:

Just saw that HHS is currently in a scrimmage with TKA - they barely have enough kids to put on the field.

is this some sort of a twisted confidence booster for the team? 

They had the normal number of kids that they usually do. They were definitely fired-up! They need to fix a few things on O. WB vs HHS should be a barn-burner!!

On 8/6/2022 at 12:00 PM, olhickory said:

Ran into to Coach Gillum and he says Knox West will travel up I 75 Monday at 6 for a scrimmage at Anderson County.  Should be a great scrimmage.  Mavs got rained out at DB last night.

Heard the herd got plowed by West. Had Gillum screaming "Just Punt It".  Hamburger patties laying everywhere.  Folks said AC couldn't score until West put their 3rd string in.  Did you go to this one ol hick?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, coachspanky said:

They had the normal number of kids that they usually do. They were definitely fired-up! They need to fix a few things on O. WB vs HHS should be a barn-burner!!

That's an interesting point of view. An old friend of mine attended and he said that HHS was all over the place. Coaches and players were not in sync.