Pre-season scrimmages

Watched a really good scrimmage with Peabody and Crockett County. Peabody won the varsity scrimmage 14-7. I was really impressed with both teams defenses Both teams will be tough. Peabody I was impressed with Driggers running the ball and their defense. Peabody will have to have longer drives to score this year. Definitely don’t have as much big play ability as last but still a solid team as is Crockett. Both well coached. 

24 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Watched a really good scrimmage with Peabody and Crockett County. Peabody won the varsity scrimmage 14-7. I was really impressed with both teams defenses Both teams will be tough. Peabody I was impressed with Driggers running the ball and their defense. Peabody will have to have longer drives to score this year. Definitely don’t have as much big play ability as last but still a solid team as is Crockett. Both well coached. 

I think Driggers is their key.But if he runs a lot and gets hurt,do they have anyone else?

3 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

I think Driggers is their key.But if he runs a lot and gets hurt,do they have anyone else?

Their backup didn’t look bad. He is very quick and will get some touches on varsity running the ball. Driggers looked very poised. He played both ways. Going to be a fun year. Lake County and Peabody will be a fun game. 

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

Their backup didn’t look bad. He is very quick and will get some touches on varsity running the ball. Driggers looked very poised. He played both ways. Going to be a fun year. Lake County and Peabody will be a fun game. 

He's tough.I thought he was hard to contain last year.Very capable.Think I'd key on him .

7 hours ago, mrbigster said:

He's tough.I thought he was hard to contain last year.Very capable.Think I'd key on him .

He didn’t run the ball just a ton but when he did he made some nice plays. The Kee kid didn’t play but you have to figure he will be one of their go to receivers. Will be interesting for sure. 

3 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

He didn’t run the ball just a ton but when he did he made some nice plays. The Kee kid didn’t play but you have to figure he will be one of their go to receivers. Will be interesting for sure. 

Hopefully be a good matchup.I think LC has the best receiver in Single A in Clay.He blazed by Westview defender for long td,then pointed back during the run as to kiss goodby.Real game would be called back.Know it was a scrimmage and having fun but assistant coach told him to keep his head in the game if if we're a real game.Just having fun.Everyone I've talked to says he's a really good young man.

Edited by mrbigster

1 minute ago, mrbigster said:

Hopefully be a good matchup.I think LC has the best receiver on Single A in Clay.He blazed by Westview defender for long td,then pointed back during the run as to kiss goodby.Teal game would be called back.Know it was a scrimmage and having fun but assistant coach told him to keep his head in the game if if we're a real game.Just having fun.Everyone I've talked to says he's a really good young man.

I may be mistaken but think Memphis and Tenn has been to visit and look at film on 3 of them.Day Day,Clay and Lebo.LC 68 may know for sure.But I'm pretty positive Memphis was there.

Edited by mrbigster

10 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

LC depth and staying injury free for sure will be key for LC.Think I counted 23 players dressed out and maybe about 4 or 5 that werent.Assumming they are incoming Freshmen and can't dress till school starts.Think Westview had about 45.

51 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

How the scrimmage go sir ?

SW some good and bad.Defense may be like always.Bend but don't break completely.Have work to do.But on offense,can see many weapons.Teams key on Day Day or Clay can see more speed with others on maybe screens,have Day Day go one way and someone else another direction.My My and Day Day will get that tough yardage up the gut and Day Day can also get outside..Think Trenton  and Lake Co will be a good one.Union City going to be a tough matchup first game.