Anderson County Travels to 6A Science Hill Week #2

Pulling for the Mavs.    Yes, SH just beat Elizabethton but the Cyclones are down this year, as of yet they have no offensive identity.    Now I suspect they will find themselves at some point but it may take a few games.    So how good is the Hill?    Really hard to say until another couple of games get played, but I'm not convinced...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BigDaddyDave said:

Science Hill three 0 passes and in the first half. They are going to run the ball. Make them pass. Take them out of their comfort zone.

I agree if we make them need to pass. Get some scores up early on SH may force them into passing. They are big. Where as I noticed Powell was not really happy with tackling Noe and Moog, SH may be. One thing that we need to figure this could be a fourth Quarter team for the Mavs as they will be fresh.

3 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

I've seen SH and they are very physical and hard hitting. Have some good size too.

I still like AC in this one. I believe AC is balanced enough to keep SH on their toes.

I say AC 35  SH 20

IMO Jumping around to 5A and now 6A. Might get a complete picture after the Friday game. I watched the Betsy and SH game this week. Besty moved well on SH for a while. I know this good test for the Mavs, all around. We can grind it out with them but we may need to open the ariel up. I think 4th quarter will be very essential in that we need to be ahead substantially.

Edited by Mavericksinflight

1 hour ago, Mavericksinflight said:

IMO Jumping around to 5A and now 6A. Might get a complete picture after the Friday game. I watched the Betsy and SH game this week. Besty moved well on SH for a while. I know this good test for the Mavs, all around. We can grind it out with them but we may need to open the ariel up. I think 4th quarter will be very essential in that we need to be ahead substantially.

Betsy is down from last year. They started a new QB this year I believe.  AC should win this one.....but it won't be easy. AC needs to come ready for a 4 qtr battle.

Science Hill is perennially very talented, but not very well coached and are massive underachievers.  

AC is solid again this year with a tremendous running game and a mobile QB back, and is a very well coached program.  

Have to believe that AC wins this one.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HTV said:

Science Hill is perennially very talented, but not very well coached and are massive underachievers.  

AC is solid again this year with a tremendous running game and a mobile QB back, and is a very well coached program.  

Have to believe that AC wins this one.  

That has been the case with Science Hill for as long as I can remember. A lot of talent but poor coaching. The thing is though, on any given night that talent might all come together on its own and get the job done. That's what makes Science Hill a dangerous team. Despite the poor coaching. 

• Upvote 2