Oak Ridge vs. Bearden

boyfromsi

yeah, other than the refs making it all about themselves, it was nice to watch us handle a team soundly.  I'm afraid SD is just bad this year.  But you can certainly tell that much improvement has been made and we are no doubt building in the right direction.  Gonna need a good week this week to be ready for Bearden.  They are very much improved as well.  All the new recruits are an instant upgrade from last years talent level. And it's obvious.  Doesn't look like they have qb figured out just yet, but the West pressure had alot to do with that.  

Love my Oak Ridge friends, but ..........

While the officiating may not have been good at SD - and it wasn't good a lot of places in this first game week as it seems like there is a concerted effort to tone down "celebrating" - there have been a lot of teams go in to play one of the schools in Anderson County and not be pleased with the officiating.  

As long as you have officials working in "home" areas you are going to get whining about home cooking.  Happens everywhere, and it's hard for some to see it with their home team biases, and I don't mean that as a put down.  We all see things differently when a team we are heavily emotionally attached to is on the field.  

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, HTV said:

While the officiating may not have been good at SD - and it wasn't good a lot of places in this first game week as it seems like there is a concerted effort to tone down "celebrating" - there have been a lot of teams go in to play one of the schools in Anderson County and not be pleased with the officiating.  

As long as you have officials working in "home" areas you are going to get whining about home cooking.  Happens everywhere, and it's hard for some to see it with their home team biases, and I don't mean that as a put down.  We all see things differently when a team we are heavily emotionally attached to is on the field.  

HTV,  I never saw anybody whine about home cooking, but that ref crew was horrible, they had a opening night.  Not just the 30 penalties called, but the constant delays in spotting the ball, and delays for no apparent reason at all, just the administration of the game all around. They just had a bad night, and in my opinion, made it about themselves.  Their supervisor of their association was there and that may have added extra pressure on them in addition to opening night.  Bottom line, they had a bad game. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

HTV,  I never saw anybody whine about home cooking, but that ref crew was horrible, they had a opening night.  Not just the 30 penalties called, but the constant delays in spotting the ball, and delays for no apparent reason at all, just the administration of the game all around. They just had a bad night, and in my opinion, made it about themselves.  Their supervisor of their association was there and that may have added extra pressure on them in addition to opening night.  Bottom line, they had a bad game. 

I understand.  

Just making the point that "bad nights" happen everywhere depending on one's perspective.  

1 hour ago, HTV said:

This is all true, but it was some of the worst I’ve seen. And I’m not one to ever come on here and harp about officiating because those fellas have a tough job (if it ain’t one teams base harping on them, it’s the other, etc.), but it was really bad. Totally get your point though, it happens everywhere. How do you see this game going? Think The Ridge can avenge their loss from last year to the Dawgs?