Mase football

City223

12 minutes ago, WildBill2388 said:

It’s funny as heck how grown ups get on this message board and throw jabs at kids. 
Their school closed down in May. The kids parents did not want to send their kids to failing school in their neighborhoods. Most of the kids have been in Charter schools all their educational years. The Coach was without a job when the school closed. So all the slick jokes about somebody cheating is ridiculous! The kids were free to go anywhere they wanted to. Every kid that left MAHS had to have a TSSAA hardship done to be eligible to play this year. The kids spread all over from Millington, Craigmont, St Benedict and others School in the city!

MASE

MEMPHIS ALL STAR ENLISTMENTS!!

Petty is an understatement for whoever posted this comment! 

I think you proved the point about the All Star thing, where all did you say they came from.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Indian said:

TSSAA transfer rule

A2BB1E8F-98AB-4D8A-9224-F53AB248C1AE.jpeg

e 42-60.
Special Cases Involving Hardship
Section 24. Except for the eligibility rules in regard to age and to the number of semesters in school, TSSAA shall
have the authority to set aside the effect of any eligibility rule upon an individual student when:
(a) the circumstances causing the student to fail to satisfy the eligibility rule were unforeseen and unavoidable;

The school closing is unforeseen and unavoidable; the kids and teachers have no control over the school closing.

The TN Department of Charter School has control of this situation!
(b) application of the rule to the student works an undue hardship in light of the unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances;
(c) applicationoftherulewouldnotaccomplishthepurposeforwhichtherulewasintended;and
(d) in the case of a change of schools, the change is for reasons unrelated to participation in athletics.

The school closing is unforeseen and unavoidable; the kids and teachers have no control over the school closing. The administration team  running the school was the problem not the teachers or students!

The burden of establishing each of these elements to the Executive Director's satisfaction is upon the school at which eligibility is sought.
Any decision of the Executive Director on any request for a waiver of eligibility rules under this Section may be appealed de novo to the Board of Control at its August, November, January or March meetings. If the appeal to the Board of Control or any materials in connection with that appeal are received by TSSAA less than one full week prior to the scheduled Board of Control meeting, the member school at which eligibility is sought shall be responsible for all additional expenses associated with providing copies of that material to the Board of Control. A school appealing a decision of the Executive Director under this Section must have an administrator (principal, assistant principal, or athletic director) present at the Board of Control meeting.

1 hour ago, Indian said:

If they followed the coach they’re not satisfying Part D. 

The Coach lost his job also so the rule doesn’t apply! Parents wanted their kids in a charter school environment. The coach wasn’t hire until April 3, 2022 after the TN Department of Education made it official!

The parents started the enrollment process back in January 2022  when they had the state transition team from SCS system had open enrollment showcase at MAHS from Shelby Co schools and every charter school in Memphis!

2 hours ago, WildBill2388 said:

It’s funny as heck how grown ups get on this message board and throw jabs at kids. 
Their school closed down in May. The kids parents did not want to send their kids to failing school in their neighborhoods. Most of the kids have been in Charter schools all their educational years. The Coach was without a job when the school closed. So all the slick jokes about somebody cheating is ridiculous! The kids were free to go anywhere they wanted to. Every kid that left MAHS had to have a TSSAA hardship done to be eligible to play this year. The kids spread all over from Millington, Craigmont, St Benedict and others School in the city!

MASE

MEMPHIS ALL STAR ENLISTMENTS!!

Petty is an understatement for whoever posted this comment! 

The point about MAHS closing, and the kids enrolling at another school (not transferring) is unquestionable...what has people giving MASE the side eye is that the coach and entire team found their way there together, adding to the suspicious circumstances that they were all at MAHS from all over the city (and outlying communities) to begin with. Without the long history of this exact scenario (minus a closure) in Memphis, I doubt that anyone would more than raise an eyebrow, but this same situation plays out every season in Memphis.

For you calling out Southtowner as petty, he's a regular poster on here and has a stellar history of being "above" taking shots at kids or having questionable character...sort of seems petty to me for you to use a terrible situation (closure due to unchecked fraud) involving a bunch of kids to shame folks and suppress conversation about people's suspicions. The man cracked a joke...get off the soap box and lighten up, Francis.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, tradertwo said:

The point about MAHS closing, and the kids enrolling at another school (not transferring) is unquestionable...what has people giving MASE the side eye is that the coach and entire team found their way there together, adding to the suspicious circumstances that they were all at MAHS from all over the city (and outlying communities) to begin with. Without the long history of this exact scenario (minus a closure) in Memphis, I doubt that anyone would more than raise an eyebrow, but this same situation plays out every season in Memphis.

For you calling out Southtowner as petty, he's a regular poster on here and has a stellar history of being "above" taking shots at kids or having questionable character...sort of seems petty to me for you to use a terrible situation (closure due to unchecked fraud) involving a bunch of kids to shame folks and suppress conversation about people's suspicions. The man cracked a joke...get off the soap box and lighten up, Francis.

I can agree with everything except defending Southtowner. He's a shady character. :roflol:

MAHS and MASE are about 7 miles apart. How many players on this year's MASE team "transferred" from MAHS? What are the chances of all the transfers and a coach passing over a handful of other Memphis schools along the way and landing at the same spot being a coincidence? How many of these transfers made the move for sports and how many for the strong science and engineering program at Memphis Academy of Science and Engineering? 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Salem said:

I can agree with everything except defending Southtowner. He's a shady character. :roflol:

MAHS and MASE are about 7 miles apart. How many players on this year's MASE team "transferred" from MAHS? What are the chances of all the transfers and a coach passing over a handful of other Memphis schools along the way and landing at the same spot being a coincidence? How many of these transfers made the move for sports and how many for the strong science and engineering program at Memphis Academy of Science and Engineering? 

What you'll never see published is the ratio of football players who were formally at MAHS that ended up at MASE vs. non players. MAHS was 2A and MASE is 1A, so the players were at least the VAST majority if not virtually all, or the 20% increase rule would be applied and MASE would be 2A. I'm not screaming for an investigation, but I'm not interested in hearing any poor, poor, pitiful me dialogue either. I actually feel for the players and Coach, as it was greedy, thieving adults who were responsible for their school closing, but I'm not stupid enough to believe that the team (and coach) didn't arrange to make the best of the situation. 

1 hour ago, Salem said:

If you will go back a page or two and look at the article link I posted from the Memphis news its states 14 starters and the coach moved.