Week 7 Henry Co vs Springfield

brian2000

5 minutes ago, PurpleCat said:

I like Springfield in this one honestly. Yeah Henry has had a tougher schedule, but Springfield has boat raced everybody they have played, and their one common opponent (Kenwood), Springfield had a more impressive outcome. 

For what it's worth, Henry County was missing like 8 starters against Kenwood for disciplinary reasons. I wouldn't put much stock in that game either way. 

6 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

I know it’s hard to get any small dose of criticism from 3rd party lol every team has its weaknesses. Either way, all I’m saying is the defense seems to be more impressive than the offense. Even with the Qb’s mom begging for him to get more attention on Twitter for Mr. 5a lolll

I agree. I think our D is ahead of our offense.  I wouldn’t change anything we have though. I feel we have a great group of kids and TREMENDOUS coaches.  

1 minute ago, TheCommissioner said:

I agree. I think our D is ahead of our offense.  I wouldn’t change anything we have though. I feel we have a great group of kids and TREMENDOUS coaches.  

1 minute ago, TheCommissioner said:

Dare you replace tremendous with the word prodigious???? 

31 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Buddy I use to be a big fan of comparing scores for a prediction on games…. This year that has went out the window. Too many puzzling results.

In all seriousness, that is one of the things that I enjoy about HS football.  You just don’t know who is going to show up or be ready to play physically or mentally.  I LOVE  the unpredictability 

Edited by TheCommissioner
  • Upvote 1

Tried to multi-quote @MJG0LDENBEARS and @MSURacer but I don't know how the heck that thing is supposed to work. @CoachT if you got any pointers, help a guy out. I can see how to quote multiple posts, but I don't see how to paste it anywhere.  

Anyway, I agree with both of yall to an extent. Didn't know HC was down that many players against Kenwood, so true that game is meaningless, but I still think Springfield is riding sky high right now. They will be tough to beat at home. 

7 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Dare you replace tremendous with the word prodigious???? 

I will admit that during the first couple of years of Coach Wilson’s tenure I began to mentally question if we had made the right choice. But as he began to install his offensive and defensive systems as well instill the discipline that we seemed to be missing, you could see positive strides made.  With the culture that he has established now, he is coaching football players and more importantly developing young men.  I wouldn’t trade our staff for any other staff in the state.  

I am glad to say my initial opinion was wrong, very wrong.  Springfield couldn’t have made a better hire than when we hired Dustin Wilson.  I back him  when we win or  when we lose.  You will notice that very very few Springfield posters will question coaching decisions 

6 minutes ago, PurpleCat said:

Tried to multi-quote @MJG0LDENBEARS and @MSURacer but I don't know how the heck that thing is supposed to work. @CoachT if you got any pointers, help a guy out. I can see how to quote multiple posts, but I don't see how to paste it anywhere.  

Anyway, I agree with both of yall to an extent. Didn't know HC was down that many players against Kenwood, so true that game is meaningless, but I still think Springfield is riding sky high right now. They will be tough to beat at home. 

Try tapping the + sign by the comments you want to reply to.  It should let you do multiple 

In the run game I give the edge to the Patriots. Good backs behind good blocking.  Likes to run behind Luke a bunch. In the passing game I give edge to the Jackets only bc I think they have a bunch of good WRs. 

This will be the Jackets biggest test to date. Im not to concerned with the defense but am anxious to see the offense having more weapons than last yr. I can’t help but think of  only scoring 6 pts in 2 games last yr. I know it’s a different yr and offense appears to be better but it’s still in the back of my mind. 

Edited by brian2000