Camden at Riverside

vandyfan1

1 hour ago, Beagle said:

His first year there he recruited the entire Basketball team and turned them from 1-9 to 9-1  The coach before him had talent walking the halls for sure. A 6'6" wr and a 6'4" starting QB. We have nothing of the sort at Camden who have the toughness to play football walking our halls. The physicality of football isn't for everyone. You know this. Great team you have good luck the rest of the way

You are an idiot, go watch Camden basketball, they have 4 or 5 players that would be studs on the football field.  wide receivers and heck probably find one of them tall ones to make a good QB... 

7 hours ago, Tide21 said:

Didn’t Matt have all the players he needed at waverly ?  I can’t see there being more that didn’t play the years he was there. He still didn’t get it done though :mrgreen:

And yes actually believe it or not, there was a few that quit or just refused to play for Matt all together, was not liked by numerous parents and boosters also.  He is not the most personable guy on earth at all, can be a straight up D

21 hours ago, Waker said:

There are athletes in the halls at Camden. Walk over and watch the basketball team. There are multiple kids 6’2 to 6’5. Everyone on the team is big and athletic and can dunk! You think that wouldn’t help? Story and Wisdom alone would help. Didn’t they use to play football too? Literally some of the fastest kids in the state on y’all’s cross country team.

Cross country isnt about speed it is about long distance. Those kids are skinny as a tooth pick too. You aint wrong about the Basketball team but they aint football players. They can't take the work/ time required or the hits. I actually know them and why they don't play. We have a few Baseball players who I wish played but it just isnt their thing.  

20 hours ago, 1983 said:

Maybe kids don’t want to put the time in and work hard, we can’t always blame coaches for kids not playing.  I have seen way too many cases where kids are soft and want everything handed to them and coaches don’t want to put up with that mess.

20 hours ago, 1983 said:

Camden boys basketball is going to be really good this season.  I think some of those kids just wanted to focus on basketball.  I wouldn’t blame that on the football coach.

Both correct. 

22 hours ago, Beagle said:

Thank you. He is  a Sophomore. Number 66 and the QB are very good as well. Ya'll got a fun team to watch . #5 is a beast and the team works well together. Play calling.coaching is good. I personally think y'all are the better team than Huntingdon after having been beaten by both soundly :P even thopugh I know they won head to head.

Toe digger logic.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/25/2022 at 9:07 PM, Beagle said:

That gibberish mean something in Huntingdon?

Congrats on your loss to the obviously better team.:roflol:

Riverside is very talented. As good or better than the Mustangs. Just had to get over that hump! Played a very clean game against Huntingdon which they had to do to win. Riverside is a top notch program. Now they need to upgrade their facilities. 

• Like 1

I would get in on this, but I'm a toe digger, my dad was a toe digger, and my grandpa was a commercial fisherman on the TN River. Well, I'm not a toe digger anymore, but once a toe digger, always a toe digger. Beagle probably really doesn't know what you're talking about because he is a Yankee. 

1 hour ago, @38320 said:

I would get in on this, but I'm a toe digger, my dad was a toe digger, and my grandpa was a commercial fisherman on the TN River. Well, I'm not a toe digger anymore, but once a toe digger, always a toe digger. Beagle probably really doesn't know what you're talking about because he is a Yankee. 

:eek:

2 hours ago, @38320 said:

I have found very little that he knows about. Being a Yankee has nothing to do with being clueless.