Greeneville Football at Oak Ridge

noonesfool

5 minutes ago, catswild said:

I actually agree with you partially. Line play was the difference and I agree that Quillen is a young star at running back. BUT...if Dozier was running behind the Greenville line, I think you would say Dozier was better...but I'd take Quillen at running back any day. Some of the OR guys do run their mouths too much so we agree again.

Nice post.

35 minutes ago, catswild said:

I'm not one who is dogging Cummings but you sound like Biden. And if the last staff caused those four turnovers in the first quarter, I'm also glad that they're gone.

Whatever you say.  

But you know deep down that there is a reason that a change had to be made.  

Point being, those who are blaming Scott after 6 games need to get a grip.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HTV said:

Those dogging Scott at this point are really misguided.  If you want to point fingers, point them at those in charge before he got there.  They allowed the culture to get completely disombobulated.  It's not going to be fixed overnight.  

I don't choose to point fingers at anybody.  I don't blame Coach Gaddis nor do I blame Coach Cummings. We are nowhere near the position of giving up. Just relax and grind like mad.

You are right HTV  it will not be fixed overnight.

6 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

I don't choose to point fingers at anybody.  I don't blame Coach Gaddis nor do I blame Coach Cummings. We are nowhere near the position of giving up. Just relax and grind like mad.

You are right HTV  it will not be fixed overnight.

I'm not blaming Joe. It took a village to get in that position. 

30 minutes ago, HTV said:

I'm not blaming Joe. It took a village to get in that position. 

Like you alluded to a few posts ago, and I myself last night, it’s a culture thing. I think they’ll be some changes coming forth in the off-season concerning some coaches that were retained by CSC from the previous staff. Just a hunch I have.

It's hard for me to predict just how good Greeneville is or just how bad Oak Ridge may be. One thing is for sure, OR can hardly score points. And most likely due to injuries. Friday night OR front DL rush showed some promise in 3rd quarter. But with turn overs early that may have taken some heart out of OR. Greeneville, AC and Betsy play up tempo and capitalize on weakness more than anything. Hypothetically the absence of OR turn overs, while most likely would not have won it for OR, but could have given me a more insight on how good Greeneville could be going into the 4A playoffs. 

Congratulations to Greeneville

I hope OR heals up sooner than later.

Anybody that knows anything about this program can tell you we had to fix the trenches.The weight program went from let's say below avg to great.That will pay off big but not overnight.I think most have forgotten how bad last yr was.Nobody could turn that around overnight.It was going to be an uphill climb vs Greenville no matter how good we played.But giving them 14 pts in couple of minutes off bad turnovers was killer.I was very impressed after 1st qtr how hard the team played.I think it says a lot about how bought in they are with the new coaches.Its been a crazy year of things going wrong and it won't last forever.RWR

• Like 1

The injury excuse is getting old. There are two games left in the regular season everyone is dealing with injuries not just OR. You're a 5A program just be lucky you have the depth you do have. Greeneville took OR to the woodshed last night, period. Greeneville played with an intensity Nuke town wasn't used to playing against or ready for. The Devils have been forcing turnovers all season long what happened last night in Oak Ridge wasn't a fluke or just OR shooting themselves in the foot. Greeneville had every bit to do with all of that. 

The first way to fix the problem is that the best Jimmy’s and Joe’s that live within the WB zone must attend school at WB and some athletes that live in other zones must decide to attend school at WB.  With Blount County being pretty much being open zoned, WB has had their best athletes taken by Maryville and Alcoa for decades and this must stop immediately.  You can have the very best facilities, strength coach, head coach and coordinator’s but if you don’t have good athletes you will not win consistently.  

3 minutes ago, cbg said:

The first way to fix the problem is that the best Jimmy’s and Joe’s that live within the WB zone must attend school at WB and some athletes that live in other zones must decide to attend school at WB.  With Blount County being pretty much being open zoned, WB has had their best athletes taken by Maryville and Alcoa for decades and this must stop immediately.  You can have the very best facilities, strength coach, head coach and coordinator’s but if you don’t have good athletes you will not win consistently.  

Why are you talking about something that has nothing to do with Greeneville or Oak Ridge on this thread?  No one cares about WB 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KEV-O said:

The injury excuse is getting old. There are two games left in the regular season everyone is dealing with injuries not just OR. You're a 5A program just be lucky you have the depth you do have. Greeneville took OR to the woodshed last night, period. Greeneville played with an intensity Nuke town wasn't used to playing against or ready for. The Devils have been forcing turnovers all season long what happened last night in Oak Ridge wasn't a fluke or just OR shooting themselves in the foot. Greeneville had every bit to do with all of that. 

All credit be due to Greeneville. Really good team. Would love to see them and AC play eventually.