TSSAA 5A 1st round playoffs - Rhea County Golden Eagles @ The Ridge

SweetScience

Kinda early, but ready to get this party started already after that whoopin’ we put on Campbell County tonight. Looking forward to the back and forth with some of the Rhea County faithful. Some of my most favorite fans in HS football. They love their Golden Eagles. Best wishes, fellas.

I know Rhea has had a rough year, but I looked at their schedule and it’s pretty stout, and they gave a really good AC team all they wanted, as well as played Alcoa to a respectable 38-21 tilt. OR can’t afford to take RC lightly, they always come to play regardless of how good their record is.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 1

I really hope we can take the momentum from tonight's game and bring it back to the 'Ship.  Tonight is the best we have looked in a couple of years.  I like how Garza has grown as a starter, he had a lot of poise and confidence tonight.  Rhea will be the exact opposite of Campbell County and we will need to shift gears defensively.  I like our chances though.

2 minutes ago, boyfromsi said:

I really hope we can take the momentum from tonight's game and bring it back to the 'Ship.  Tonight is the best we have looked in a couple of years.  I like how Garza has grown as a starter, he had a lot of poise and confidence tonight.  Rhea will be the exact opposite of Campbell County and we will need to shift gears defensively.  I like our chances though.

Garza has improved leaps and bounds, you’re exactly right.

Tough schedule or not, their only 2 wins came against a couple of 1-9 teams. Are you kidding me? (In my Mark Packer voice)  A team with a 2-8 record should NOT be in the playoffs in my opinion. 

Oak Ridge is looking better than they have all season long and that's what it's all about....getting better as the season goes along.

I like Oak Ridge in this one. And I don't even think it will be close.  I say Oak Ridge 34 - 14

I watched the Rhea County Cookeville game and just scratched my head.  The Eagles looked as lost as Lest years Easter Egg. They ran to the holes and stopped, and looked gun shy the whole game. Big Ole fellas just wilting in place to avoid getting hit.... Not sure The Hill has a lot to worry about 

4 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

I watched the Rhea County Cookeville game and just scratched my head.  The Eagles looked as lost as Lest years Easter Egg. They ran to the holes and stopped, and looked gun shy the whole game. Big Ole fellas just wilting in place to avoid getting hit.... Not sure The Hill has a lot to worry about 

The Hill…..never heard that one, but suits us as our kids do walk down a big hill to get to the field.

42 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

The Hill…..never heard that one, but suits us as our kids do walk down a big hill to get to the field.

No disrespect intended.... the Ridge makes a lot more sense...lol...  But either way, you guys go through Rhea County like a hot knife through butter.