Rockwood @ south Greene

ThrillaNvanilla

7 minutes ago, Fanofballs365 said:

You guys need to worry about beating Hampton. 

Oh it doesn’t matter how much we worry, we’re not beating Hampton this year. It’ll be an old fashioned cow tromping, likely running clock. Not much to talk about our game either. 

This is a tough one to pick. I think SG is way down this year but you never know what Rockwood team will show up. If the Rockwood offense that put up 49 points on a decent 3A team McMinn Central shows up Rockwood wins. Doesn’t matter if the defense plays or not, because it’s not very good. I say Rockwood in a high scoring game. Rockwood is usually a hard out come playoff time.

57 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

This is a tough one to pick. I think SG is way down this year but you never know what Rockwood team will show up. If the Rockwood offense that put up 49 points on a decent 3A team McMinn Central shows up Rockwood wins. Doesn’t matter if the defense plays or not, because it’s not very good. I say Rockwood in a high scoring game. Rockwood is usually a hard out come playoff time.

SG  does not score alot of points.  I think rockwood wins by a comfortable amount 

• Like 1

I say this game will surprise people. South Greene is going to win this game and make the trip to York. Rockwood lacks discipline, and several of their skill kids take too many plays off. I will even go out on a limb and say that South Greene gives York all they want and has a shot to win that game as well. 

14 minutes ago, DawgMan88 said:

I say this game will surprise people. South Greene is going to win this game and make the trip to York. Rockwood lacks discipline, and several of their skill kids take too many plays off. I will even go out on a limb and say that South Greene gives York all they want and has a shot to win that game as well. 

So SG has been playing possum all year? They have shown nothing so far that they can compete with a team like York. Now that York is just about healthy, I'm not sure they have a weakness. They will beat SG by whatever they score they want IMO. Now tomorrow, who knows, SG may upset Rockwood. And I completely disagree with your analysis of their skill players taking plays off. Only #2 does that. He's also probably better than anyone on SG's roster, even when he takes plays off. Kid is a great athlete but I do agree he takes some plays off.

#1,#7,#10, #3 never take plays off unless they are banged up. 

33 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

So SG has been playing possum all year? They have shown nothing so far that they can compete with a team like York. Now that York is just about healthy, I'm not sure they have a weakness. They will beat SG by whatever they score they want IMO. Now tomorrow, who knows, SG may upset Rockwood. And I completely disagree with your analysis of their skill players taking plays off. Only #2 does that. He's also probably better than anyone on SG's roster, even when he takes plays off. Kid is a great athlete but I do agree he takes some plays off.

I actually agree with you on this! With what SG has played against, what makes them think they can compete against the speed of York? From top to bottom Region 2 is better then Region 1. 

39 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

South Greene has had some key played banged up. If, and the key word being if, they are healthy, they will beat a mediocre Rockwood team. After watching all of Rockwood's film, I was not very impressed. I think they are undisciplined as well. I will say that Rockwood's skill players (1,2,10) impress me. I think one of the big factors for South Greene is how healthy they are. At full strength, I think they win this game. If not, Rockwood will ultimately win. Just my take on it. I will go ahead and agree that besides Hampton, Region 1 is not what it was last year. I am curious to see what happens in this game though and hope that they will be healthy going into their game against a talented York team. 

1 minute ago, DawgMan88 said:

South Greene has had some key played banged up. If, and the key word being if, they are healthy, they will beat a mediocre Rockwood team. After watching all of Rockwood's film, I was not very impressed. I think they are undisciplined as well. I will say that Rockwood's skill players (1,2,10) impress me. I think one of the big factors for South Greene is how healthy they are. At full strength, I think they win this game. If not, Rockwood will ultimately win. Just my take on it. I will go ahead and agree that besides Hampton, Region 1 is not what it was last year. I am curious to see what happens in this game though and hope that they will be healthy going into their game against a talented York team. 

Keep an eye on #7, he can take a game over. 

Just now, TSSAAfootball said:

Keep an eye on #7, he can take a game over. 

From my opinion, he did not impress me all that much. Only when he was getting the ball did I see any real effort. In some instances, he did make some big plays, I will give you that. I did talk to this young man after Hampton played Rockwood last year and he was a very polite young man. I think both teams will come to play, with Rockwood wanting to bounce back from their showing at York and South Greene wanting to prove to people that they can contend in the playoffs.