Gordonsville at South Pitt

croz6110

36 minutes ago, oneyewilly said:

Gv nor clay is better than Murphy. Are they similar in comparison yes I'd say so but I'd say the Murphy team that played us is better than both.... not saying that means a whole lot I'm not sure we've really improved at all since Murphy.  When your averaging probably 120 penalty yards a game it will be hard for us to beat any good team.  

I personally think Gville and Clay are both better than Murphy, but I guess we'll know for sure Friday.

1 minute ago, croz6110 said:

I personally think Gville and Clay are both better than Murphy, but I guess we'll know for sure Friday.

I've seen all 3 and give a slight edge to Murphy. But games are about match ups  its very hard to compare scores.  Personally I think 9 out of 10 games Gordy beats clay but when you have multiple turnovers that's  hard to overcome against a good football team.  Personally I'm glad we play you guys at home it's going to be an uphill battle for us either way but it would have been a lot tougher playing in Gordonsville 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oneyewilly said:

Tons...... hope we stay out of the Zone D 

I would love to see a cover 0 look personally with my best athletes on Gordonsville’s best receivers. This is lose and you’re done. Mount take the number 1, Cash the number 2, and I also put Wellington at linebacker. I’m sure it won’t be done….but I do think it could be effective. 

55 minutes ago, powerp said:

I would love to see a cover 0 look personally with my best athletes on Gordonsville’s best receivers. This is lose and you’re done. Mount take the number 1, Cash the number 2, and I also put Wellington at linebacker. I’m sure it won’t be done….but I do think it could be effective. 

Wes will definitely put them in a position to win. He is very good at that when he needs to be. Expect to see some wrinkles he hasn’t used this year just like at State last year. 

Some mentioned murphy, someone mentioned we haven't played anyone, someone mentioned the penalties. blah blah blah what I do know is this. Last year the team was doubted all year long, this year is pretty much the same, doubt everywhere. I expect us to come out and go punch for punch with a team that on paper should beat us. I'm sorry but if you have a QB that has started for 4 years in a SOLID program then he should be the guy that wins the ball game for the tigers. Do I think we will get some stops yes, do I think we will get slapped & drugged all over the field absolutely not.

• Like 1

South Pitt is down some this year but Gordonsville is not the 85 Bears. Honestly I expected a lot more from Gordonsville this season and less of South Pitt after last year. If Gordonsville gonna beat South Pitt then this seems like the year to do it. On paper I would have Gordonsville by 7 but the game isn’t played on paper and South Pitt is still South Pitt. Pirates score late to win by 1. Im just keeping it real

15 minutes ago, TyroneBiggums said:

South Pitt is down some this year but Gordonsville is not the 85 Bears. Honestly I expected a lot more from Gordonsville this season and less of South Pitt after last year. If Gordonsville gonna beat South Pitt then this seems like the year to do it. On paper I would have Gordonsville by 7 but the game isn’t played on paper and South Pitt is still South Pitt. Pirates score late to win by 1. Im just keeping it real

South Pitt by 2 scores. S Pitt is still S Pitt. Gordy doesn’t have the athletes to go 4qtrs. 

10 hours ago, sportman said:

We played a really good team in Chattanooga Christain and got waxed good and played a subpar Murphy team and got beat in a close game. I think GV is right in the middle of those two teams and GV wins this game by 14-21 points. Besides those two games we haven't played anybody.  The only way SP wins if we get a stop or two and score ever time we get the ball, but that's not going to happen. GV on both sides of the ball will whip our line, so that makes for a long night for my Pirates . Just being real. 

Gordonsville is a good single A Football team but they are not better than Murphy and no where near the Caliber of Christian not sure where your getting your information but it’s not accurate.  Could Gordonsville win this game, sure they could but I just don’t see it. If South Pitt is healthy I see them winning 14 to 21 points.  

2 hours ago, LethalAttack said:

Some mentioned murphy, someone mentioned we haven't played anyone, someone mentioned the penalties. blah blah blah what I do know is this. Last year the team was doubted all year long, this year is pretty much the same, doubt everywhere. I expect us to come out and go punch for punch with a team that on paper should beat us. I'm sorry but if you have a QB that has started for 4 years in a SOLID program then he should be the guy that wins the ball game for the tigers. Do I think we will get some stops yes, do I think we will get slapped & drugged all over the field absolutely not.

Yep! Most these Gordy folks are living in the past. Do I think Gordy is one of the best programs in the East, yes definitely but in recent years they’ve been all talk and haven’t proved a thing. 

15 hours ago, powerp said:

That would be very effective but I don't see it happening especially Wellington at LB.  D coordinator has made several in game adjustments throughout the season and they have made a huge impact just think those adjustments came a quarter too late in the Murphy game.  Hope to see our D play lights out Friday. 

11 hours ago, TheCommander said:

Yep! Most these Gordy folks are living in the past. Do I think Gordy is one of the best programs in the East, yes definitely but in recent years they’ve been all talk and haven’t proved a thing. 

Only one Gordonsville poster has predicted a win and they said by one score, not sure how that is considered talk. I am sorry you had a bad visit to Gordonsville last year because as far as I am concerned, the only talk has been you trashing Gordonsville every chance you get since that game last year.