Gordonsville at South Pitt

croz6110

1 hour ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Thanks for the insight. Apparently Gordonsville isn’t going to be a push over IF they get to Chattanooga for whoever comes outta the West. 

Gordy @ Clay this Friday will determine who will host the semifinals on this side. I believe the winner of that game will be favorites to make it to Chattanooga.   Oliver Springs @ Coalfield is the other quarterfinals.  Not as much hoopla if you will on this side of the bracket but somebody will come away with the Silver. 

I don't want to discount Clay Co winning Friday.  They've proved once this year already they can beat Gordonsville.  

Anyways, good luck to all those remaining.  

4 minutes ago, Roooster said:

I completely agree with this. The 4 teams out west are probably the 4 best teams left in 1A imo 

They've been the top 4 all year.  

Once SP is out of the running I try not to be just a guy pulling for one side of the state over the other.  But I do tend to lean Easterly.  

With the West having homefield in the championship and those blue back chairs so much more inviting, that'll most likely be the side I'll sit on. :)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Roooster said:

I completely agree with this. The 4 teams out west are probably the 4 best teams left in 1A imo 

You might have better luck with them than we would have had. I watched some clips today from Fayettevile and McKenzie.. The two teams I watched at SP on Friday night don’t have anything for those teams. They are likely better than all of 1A and 2A by quite a bit. 

21 minutes ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

You might have better luck with them than we would have had. I watched some clips today from Fayettevile and McKenzie.. The two teams I watched at SP on Friday night don’t have anything for those teams. They are likely better than all of 1A and 2A by quite a bit. 

Then there's Peabody and MASE.

West is just stacked.

It hasn't been mentioned just yet but 3 of the 4 remaining teams in the West are 2A schools next year.  

1 hour ago, Southtowner said:

Gordy @ Clay this Friday will determine who will host the semifinals on this side. I believe the winner of that game will be favorites to make it to Chattanooga.   Oliver Springs @ Coalfield is the other quarterfinals.  Not as much hoopla if you will on this side of the bracket but somebody will come away with the Silver. 

I don't want to discount Clay Co winning Friday.  They've proved once this year already they can beat Gordonsville.  

Anyways, good luck to all those remaining.  

Appreciate the analysis as Always. Your opinion means a lot more than about anyone. . Because you know what you’re talking about without letting your heart get in the way. I can’t remember the last 1A team east of Knoxville to make any noise in the playoffs. And this year will be no exception. Cloudland’s blowout loss was a little surprising and Unaka hanging with Coalfield for 2 qtrs was an eye opener. I look for Clay or Gordy to be in the finals. Definitely be an upset if they win against anyone in the West this year. I’ll keep an eye on the aforementioned game this Friday. 

17 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Thanks for the insight. Apparently Gordonsville isn’t going to be a push over IF they get to Chattanooga for whoever comes outta the West. 

Gordonsville will lose by 21 against any of the teams in the West. You and South Pitt better combine teams if your gonna make that one a game. I’m just keeping it real

14 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Appreciate the analysis as Always. Your opinion means a lot more than about anyone. . Because you know what you’re talking about without letting your heart get in the way. I can’t remember the last 1A team east of Knoxville to make any noise in the playoffs. And this year will be no exception. Cloudland’s blowout loss was a little surprising and Unaka hanging with Coalfield for 2 qtrs was an eye opener. I look for Clay or Gordy to be in the finals. Definitely be an upset if they win against anyone in the West this year. I’ll keep an eye on the aforementioned game this Friday. 

Greenback and Whitwill and South Pitt all won Gold from the East 17,18,20 you dont remember them?