Rd 2 Unaka @ Coalfield

rtl112

28 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

Fill me in....

Me and @Spike016 were giving our take on the team’s performance on here after GB and the next game our announcer for the radio broadcast made a few remarks about us actually calling us out by our coachT names. He later came on here and said we misunderstood him and he meant no offense. I didn’t buy it and still don’t but that’s what he said and we made nice and moved on. 

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

The Oneida broadcasting crew called out crow and spike during a broadcast 

1 hour ago, crow said:

Me and @Spike016 were giving our take on the team’s performance on here after GB and the next game our announcer for the radio broadcast made a few remarks about us actually calling us out by our coachT names. He later came on here and said we misunderstood him and he meant no offense. I didn’t buy it and still don’t but that’s what he said and we made nice and moved on. 

That took some nerve on his part!!

Coalfield 56

Unaka 27

Offense looked great against NG doing things that didn’t look so good earlier in the year. Defense was missing their MLB and you could tell something was missing on D, but that’s understandable. Probably kept it a little more vanilla than usual. Didn’t see a ton of blitzes like normal. They should handle business this week.

3 hours ago, tbone82 said:

Coalfield 56

Unaka 27

Offense looked great against NG doing things that didn’t look so good earlier in the year. Defense was missing their MLB and you could tell something was missing on D, but that’s understandable. Probably kept it a little more vanilla than usual. Didn’t see a ton of blitzes like normal. They should handle business this week.

Agreed. Unaka is overmatched in this one

13 minutes ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

O’Brien Bennett. DB grad, spent some time coaching in Knoxville..has done a tremendous job with what he’s had to work with. Got some talent last couple years which has definitely helped. 

They look like some good athletes from the game I watched. Could give the CF defense fits.

With the rain forecast I’m not sure that it won’t turn from an Air Raid game to a slug fest in the mud! Both very good running teams. Can both get after it with the QB. Both of Coalfield’s QBs have wheels. And the Unaka kid is the best running QB I’ve seen in the past couple years. 

Edited by tbone82
Wrong word

38 minutes ago, tbone82 said:

With the rain forecast I’m not sure that it won’t turn from an Air Raid game to a slug fest in the mud! Both very good running teams. Can both get after it with the QB. Both of Coalfield’s QBs have wheels. And the Unaka kid is the best running QB I’ve seen in the past couple years. 

If Unaka can cut back on the penalties, it could be game on. Unaka is better than some might think.

15 minutes ago, pujo said:

If Unaka can cut back on the penalties, it could be game on. Unaka is better than some might think.

I was really impressed when I saw them play. Going in I guess I just had the same opinion of the Unaka teams of the not so distant past that would make the playoffs with 0 to 2 wins.