TSSAA regions published on site

smalltownfb

59 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

I honestly don't know exactly what you guys said to start the whole thing, so I probably won't have much to say on that. 

As far as Scott vs Oneida...I can see why Oneida wouldn't want to play them. They are looting all their good kids because most people think Oneida would beat Scott and is a better program. If they did play and Scott won, then that would certainly go away fast. Jimmy May is a really good guy and he's no dummy. If Oneida starts going 4-7 every year and the perception changes, then I can see them rethinking that contract. But for now, what's the upside?

Oh we didn’t fire the first shot in that skirmish. 
As for the “looting” that’s a bit dramatic don’t you think? It’s not like Oneida is down the road scheduling official visits and recruiting kids to come. The administration and fans at Scott need to take a long look at themselves to fix their issues and that may keep the few that transfer and actually contribute. Regardless of what your perception is hwy 27 runs both directions in that regard. In this area most transfers either direction are more likely than not deeper than sports but I will agree not always.

As for why anyone would play the game? It’s a huge gate game that’s an 8 mile bus ride vs playing some team most casual fans couldn’t find on a map. I’m not sure why anyone wouldn’t want to play the game unless their ego wouldn’t stand a loss to the other team depending on which side of the thing you fall on. Look at all the rivalries similar. GB and Loudon, oak ridge, Clinton  and Anderson county triangle, Harriman and Kingston just to name a few. It’s actually sort of hard to find schools in proximity to each other like here that do not play. 

Edited by crow

31 minutes ago, crow said:

Oh we didn’t fire the first shot in that skirmish. 
As for the “looting” that’s a bit dramatic don’t you think? It’s not like Oneida is down the road scheduling official visits and recruiting kids to come. The administration and fans at Scott need to take a long look at themselves to fix their issues and that may keep the few that transfer and actually contribute. Regardless of what your perception is hwy 27 runs both directions in that regard. In this area most transfers either direction are more likely than not deeper than sports but I will agree not always.

As for why anyone would play the game? It’s a huge gate game that’s an 8 mile bus ride vs playing some team most casual fans couldn’t find on a map. I’m not sure why anyone wouldn’t want to play the game unless their ego wouldn’t stand a loss to the other team depending on which side of the thing you fall on. Look at all the rivalries similar. GB and Loudon, oak ridge, Clinton  and Anderson county triangle, Harriman and Kingston just to name a few. It’s actually sort of hard to find schools in proximity to each other like here that do not play. 

York and Clarkrange in basketball.  Clarkrange pulled out Christmas tounamnent last year after it fell they were going against York. And from my understanding pulled out of tap.thos year because York was going to the same tournament.  EGOS ruin small town sports when it's about I'm afraid more kids will go play for you.  

7 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Take a look at the 2A map.  

https://portal.tssaa.org/common/classification/?schoolYear=2023&sportid=1&type=high

^ go to this link.

Scroll down & tap on Class 2A to map that group.

You can get a better look at the schools.  

Yep General your correct. A lot of Regions only have 4-5 teams. They all going to the “playoffs”. This is absurd. 
We should go back to 2 region teams in the playoffs. That’s 16 in every Class. These 1 vs 4 blowouts do nothing for the kids parents and fans. It’s a waste of time and resources except to pad the pockets of the TSSAA. . There’s NO CHANCE a 4 seed in the lower classes makes it to Chattanooga. And next to no chance for the rest. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, YAIDAD said:

York and Clarkrange in basketball.  Clarkrange pulled out Christmas tounamnent last year after it fell they were going against York. And from my understanding pulled out of tap.thos year because York was going to the same tournament.  EGOS ruin small town sports when it's about I'm afraid more kids will go play for you.  

I agree, adults are really good at screwing stuff up unfortunately. 

6 hours ago, Spike016 said:

I got a feeling you know exactly what was said but I’ll leave it at that. 

Are you serious what is the upside??? Umm let me show you a little symbol that might make it a little clearer $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Let me say a little more being a “good guy” doesn’t make you a good football coach and 4-7 any year at Oneida should be completely unacceptable.. The higher ups should have more pride and want to be better than that. If 4-7 is acceptable at Oneida then Lord help us. 

If I knew what it was then why would I waste my time saying I didn't? To be honest I don't really care. If you want to bash the coaches then go right ahead. I'm sure you are just saying what alot of people on the fence were saying to their buddies. I'm also pretty sure the staff doesn't care either. Im sure they have heard worse than whatever you and crow said. I think you both probably made more of it than was necessary. Sounds like you both got your 15 minutes of fame but just want more. 

As for Jimmy, I will say this. He's the Oneida coach. He's had 2 seasons, 1 really good and 1 really bad. Way too early to judge one way or another. The coach from Scott while I'm sure he may be a good coach, he is 0-10. He's also coached at a whole bunch of places. He never stays at any place longer than 2-3 years. Maybe that means something, maybe it doesn't. I do know that he should focus on his team, on his program, and worry about getting his first win. Focusing on Oneida and "talking tough" seemed like a desperate move to me. 

Scott has a huge problem right now in their athletic programs. From the AD to some of the coaches. The level of arrogance has reached absurd levels. To me that's part of their issues. I do think the new Scott basketball coach was probably the best hire for either school in a very long time. Great coach, and I'm sure someone you are very familiar with. 

2 hours ago, TSSAAfootball said:

If I knew what it was then why would I waste my time saying I didn't? To be honest I don't really care. If you want to bash the coaches then go right ahead. I'm sure you are just saying what alot of people on the fence were saying to their buddies. I'm also pretty sure the staff doesn't care either. Im sure they have heard worse than whatever you and crow said. I think you both probably made more of it than was necessary. Sounds like you both got your 15 minutes of fame but just want more. 

As for Jimmy, I will say this. He's the Oneida coach. He's had 2 seasons, 1 really good and 1 really bad. Way too early to judge one way or another. The coach from Scott while I'm sure he may be a good coach, he is 0-10. He's also coached at a whole bunch of places. He never stays at any place longer than 2-3 years. Maybe that means something, maybe it doesn't. I do know that he should focus on his team, on his program, and worry about getting his first win. Focusing on Oneida and "talking tough" seemed like a desperate move to me. 

Scott has a huge problem right now in their athletic programs. From the AD to some of the coaches. The level of arrogance has reached absurd levels. To me that's part of their issues. I do think the new Scott basketball coach was probably the best hire for either school in a very long time. Great coach, and I'm sure someone you are very familiar with. 

15 minutes of fame and want more? What are you even talking about? I got called out because I thought our effort at GB was no where near our potential and that we didn’t play with any emotion in that game. It was like they were sleep walking that night. At the time I wasn’t yet aware how the season was headed. That was game 2 after all. Given your synopsis of the events however you do seem at least somewhat familiar with the circumstances even if your account of me coach bashing on here is inaccurate. 

I do agree completely with your assessment of the Scott situation. That was my reference to them taking a long look at themselves in one of our earlier post exchanges. 

Edited by crow

1 hour ago, crow said:

15 minutes of fame and want more? What are you even talking about? I got called out because I thought our effort at GB was no where near our potential and that we didn’t play with any emotion in that game. It was like they were sleep walking that night. At the time I wasn’t yet aware how the season was headed. That was game 2 after all. Given your synopsis of the events however you do seem at least somewhat familiar with the circumstances even if your account of me coach bashing on here is inaccurate. 

I do agree completely with your assessment of the Scott situation. That was my reference to them taking a long look at themselves in one of our earlier post exchanges. 

Struck a nerve maybe? :roflolk:

4 hours ago, TSSAAfootball said:

Coachin staff?? You mean buddy system? 

On 11/9/2022 at 8:40 AM, H2Oman said:

How is Union City even in 1A? Are there multiple schools up there… that’s a mighty big town to have 1A numbers??

The same goes to Milan being in 2A… are there multiple schools in the county?

About 200 Union City students are driving to Obion Central for math.Plus the Union City coaches and administration know it will be tougher playing the Trentons,Huntingdons,Westview etc.and being the top team every year where they can play Gleason,Greenfield,South Fulton ,Humboltds,LC and looks great to go undefeated,be the talk of the town and pad their chances of saying how many state titles they won.I like LC playing Union City win or lose,Trenton etc.Guess Union City fans rather see them play Gleason,Greenfield,South Fulton,LC instead of Westview,Hunt,Trenton ,Milan although I'm sure they will schedule a couple of these teams.

Edited by mrbigster
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, GoDawgs28 said:

As a Milan fan, I agree. Milan, Peabody, and Huntingdon already play each other as non-Region games. Milan will probably just replace the annual Week 1 game against Peabody with South Gibson. Then that leaves two more non-Region games (probably Hardin County and then someone else). I see Milan, Peabody, and Huntingdon as the top 3 in some order with everyone else playing for fourth. And, that's not a knock on the other teams. Milan will return a lot next year. Huntingdon returns a ton. Peabody loses a lot, but they've proven that they will just reload.

I've been told Milan will be in 2A for just these two years. Enrollment was down due to several students not coming back to in-person learning, but rather learning from home. Also, the enrollment numbers for 7th and 8th grades are higher than the current grades in the high school. Just my two cents

Tend to agree but we just don't know much about JCM. They were ok this year but what do they bring back? Have they gotten any Madison academic kids yet?