Cyunts Hil comin' two 825

STARSNBARS

22 hours ago, noonesfool said:

Good question. Toppers have to stop Gage, but the Rebs have to stop Moon. Maryville has a pretty good D and the Toppers’ D can best be described as improving. A big edge to Maryville.

How many times have we seen a team with a really good running back go into Maryville and have trouble crossing the 50 yard line?       I only see a couple of Maryville games each year but from my view they are hands-down the best I have ever seen when it comes to scheming a defense against a fast running back.

4 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

How many times have we seen a team with a really good running back go into Maryville and have trouble crossing the 50 yard line?       I only see a couple of Maryville games each year but from my view they are hands-down the best I have ever seen when it comes to scheming a defense against a fast running back.

......not always......

Air Jordan – Blount Press Row

The Rebs have lost a total of 3 games two by 13 pts.each and one by 3 points West and Alcoa I could see but nobody thought at least people from the outside looking in that Cleveland would   beat Maryville. It can be done but a lot of things have to happen. My opinion isn’t worth much but I think SH can do it and have the athletes to do it but it’s gonna be a long uphill struggle. Now when and if either of these two teams get to Oakland they’re probably not going to win!

1 hour ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Why do people think this will be a game? Maryville won earlier (Sept. 23) "in Johnson City" in the regular season contest 42-14. Was more like 49-7 if the starters had stayed in. I don't think Science Hill has the coaching to make up that much point difference. I'll take Maryville by at least 4 td's 

I think a lot of it is here in upper East Tn we would like to see one of our teams get over the Maryville hurdle. I pull for Maryville but only if they’re not playing one of our locals. If DB or JC can beat them I’m all for it. Rebels will prob. win this game but as I predicted before the Farragut game that the hilltoppers have gotten better since Sept. 23rd

2 hours ago, TriCitiesRebels said:

The Carter bashing looks ridiculous this year. Offense was anemic in the first three games, and the staff made the adjustments needed to play to their strengths. The results have been impressive. Tom Osborne option football from the shotgun. May not be enough this weekend but Moon and the new offense are enough to make this intriguing before the lights come on 

I'll stick with it until he changes my mind. Lets say if he can keep it within 2 touchdowns against Maryville I'll never knock him again. SH beat BC about right. The win against DB wasn't impressive. Coming from behind in the last minute and a half to win against a team that wasn't very good and way overrated all year. I'll give you the Farragut game. That was a good win. The change in the offense is a simple way to give Moon the ball 80% of the plays they run. I could be wrong but I just don't see that working against Maryville. Maryville is a little down this year but their still head and shoulders above anybody else in east tn. 6A 

1 hour ago, TriCitiesRebels said:

They're winning these games without any QB on the roster who can hit water from a boat. Maybe you can say it's ridiculous that they have such poor engagement in a high school of that size that they're in that position, but beating DB and Farragut has been shocking the past few weeks after what they showed against Betsy and AC. Remarkable improvement and great adjustments

Beating Farragut is the only surprise this entire season.  Beating DB was no shock at all. The only shock was that they had to come from behind and win it in the final minute. As I said DB was way overrated and probably a 5-5 team with any kind of schedule. They played weak opponents all year. Moon is a special player and Carter is riding him for all he's worth. Take away Moon and SH is also a 5-5 team.