The Greene Devils travel to the Greatest Show on Earth

noonesfool

2 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

You predicted Betsy too.

I also picked Betsy in this one. Not so much because I thought they were better but because of the rivalry we've had with the since the beginning of time lol. I really am excited to see this AC team play Greeneville. Your QB is a stud. I was really impressed with his arm, dudes a slinger for sure. The trenches is where the real shows going to be tho.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, KEV-O said:

I also picked Betsy in this one. Not so much because I thought they were better but because of the rivalry we've had with the since the beginning of time lol. I really am excited to see this AC team play Greeneville. Your QB is a stud. I was really impressed with his arm, dudes a slinger for sure. The trenches is where the real shows going to be tho.

QB true is really good. Last night looked like we were figuring out what was best to use, run or pass. As Martinez can make his own call based on defense. He is really smart with audibles when he sees the blitz, I have noticed. We had a chance to put the game away then just run clock out but missed some chances. Typical in playoffs. 

5 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Lawnman what is everyone knew Greeneville would beat Betsy last year so let's just not play that game. Haha No this game to me is like our first game of the year Jordan Potts Powell heavily favored mobile QB but came the Mavs visiting Powell. We got this game! 

The difference in the Powell game and this game is that the Powell game didn't mean anything. This one means everything. I'm impartial in this game. Both teams are having a tremendous season. It should be a great game between two 12-0 football teams. 

How does this year's Greeneville team stack up to the Cade Ballard days? 

The same can be said for the Mavericks.  How do they compare to the team that put up a big lead on Greeneville. How will the Mavericks handle the pressure? Did the coaching staff learn anything from that game at Burley Stadium? This game is going to be won at the line of scrimmage. 

4 hours ago, Lead said:

The difference in the Powell game and this game is that the Powell game didn't mean anything. This one means everything. I'm impartial in this game. Both teams are having a tremendous season. It should be a great game between two 12-0 football teams. 

How does this year's Greeneville team stack up to the Cade Ballard days? 

The same can be said for the Mavericks.  How do they compare to the team that put up a big lead on Greeneville. How will the Mavericks handle the pressure? Did the coaching staff learn anything from that game at Burley Stadium? This game is going to be won at the line of scrimmage. 

Both teams Greeneville and AC was a lot better back in the Ballard and Martin era 

On 11/11/2022 at 8:22 PM, FormerMav said:

So it begins 

[Insert pic of King Theoden]

AC has been resilient this year.  They have shown the ability to run or pass. They're thin on the line but still healthy.  Lots of weapons. I would have liked to see Andrew Meyer get a couple carries.  He's got a quick burst in contrast to Moog and Noe.  A good change up if you will. 

AC has struggled this year against a QB who can extend plays with his legs and deliver the ball.  That alone was what kept Elizabethton in this game. 

GV is tough.  The defense is solid this year.  What makes GV so hard to beat is that they have athletes everywhere.  There's really no weakness.  They might not be great in some areas but they ain't bad anywhere.  

The D line for AC played well tonight.  At one point Elizabethton had negative 10 yards rushing close to halftime.  Of course they made some adjustments and got some stuff going but overall AC won the line of scrimmage tonight pretty decidedly.  The LBs for AC also tackled down hill all night.  Props to them.  

GV will need to throw some.  Ac does a decent job getting to the qb but often doesn't finish.  Unless the qb is a statue that is.  

There's more but based on what I've seen I think GV is between 1-3 scores better than AC. AC will need a good start and to find something that works.  Can they duplicate the running game they had tonight?  If so,  it could be a ball game. 

AC will need to play mistake free ball and get a break or two to win IMO.

Lastly.  To those who say it's all for nothing of AC doesn't get a gold ball this year. That's your ego talking.  I don't tie my sense of self worth to what a bunch of HS kids do on Friday nights.  It's about competing. If you lose with full effort,  that's nothing to be ashamed of.  That's life.  Always try to be the best version of yourself you can be, no matter where that lands on a scale.  

Good luck to both teams.  I hope for a full effort clean game with no injuries.  

I like you editorial. Spunk and soundness. I too agree Meyer is a good RB and has some speed. We do have a beast in Noe and an obvious monster in Moog. Mavs are sound this year. Greeneville will come out and try to jump early go for our weaknesses on defense. To say there better than the Betsy we played it would be hard to believe, IMO because both teams play up to and for each other every year. Style of play is different. Mavs will need a good QB spy and Noe is one of the best I have seen in a long while. But again with evenly coached teams this time the year it comes down to so many things but one thing is for sure, IMO the Mavs will be fired up and the home team crowd will certainly motivate.

If they were going to put a spy on the GV qb it would be Eli. I think he's a step quicker than Noe with just as good instincts. I just like the way he plays,  taking nothing away from Noe.  

The problem is match ups.  GV has athletes everywhere.  If AC can win the line of scrimmage (first priority) they then have to win the skill position match ups.  Yeah, we've got receivers but so do they.  Whose secondary is better?  Can AC win the line of scrimmage enough so that the secondary isn't exposed for long?  Time will tell

1 hour ago, FormerMav said:

If they were going to put a spy on the GV qb it would be Eli. I think he's a step quicker than Noe with just as good instincts. I just like the way he plays,  taking nothing away from Noe.  

The problem is match ups.  GV has athletes everywhere.  If AC can win the line of scrimmage (first priority) they then have to win the skill position match ups.  Yeah, we've got receivers but so do they.  Whose secondary is better?  Can AC win the line of scrimmage enough so that the secondary isn't exposed for long?  Time will tell

Yep your probably better updated than myself on a good spy. Watching Greeneville and DB now. I believe if our defence can keep an eye out for GV QB fake give/keep ball mix. and roll out keep/pass that will be big (keep everything in front) And control the quick bubble middle slant pass to laws etc. that could be huge too. All the rest of what you said above has to work in order for the Mavs to pull this one out. I do believe our passing routes can work just enough with the run to have a good game. I believe GV is weak on the kick off coverage.

I'll say to this game as I did the Tennessee vs Georgia game before hand. Depends on how they match up and we won't know until the game. I'm thinking the Devils can play defense just as Georgia did against UT and their passing game. Without reading any of this, I would say the AC fans are like I was ,thinking the UT passing game was going to do very well against the Dawgs. It's just a guessing game and we have all watched or played enough football in the past not to count our victory before the game is played.I hope it's going to be  the Devils and their is no questions like the game a few years ago.More then anything,I pray it's a clean game without injuries and may the best team go on and win gold for their school and east Tennessee.

• Like 1