Best ADs in East Tn.

wompuscat

3 minutes ago, YoungBuck said:

I think the TSSAA takes a more common sense approach then most assume in these situations.  It is easy for one to look at a person running/training athletes in 7 v 7 or sports specific camps for that matter, using the same concepts as the inseason play calling, riding buses paid for by the AD, and standing inside the box or in the booth on top of the barn with Davy is a connection or link if you will regardless who is listed on the portal 

I would certainly hope they would but I just don't see it happening across this state. Now North Carolina you have to have a pass or card to be able to be on the sidelines so at the first of the year those are handed out and you can keep track of coaches. 

Also there are more rules on recruiting and open zone in North Carolina. 

Tennessee is a little crazier but its enjoyable competition to many classes in North Carolina for my taste. 

15 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

Based on results of last year I will say Dodgen at Farragut

State title in baseball and softball

Girls basketball runner-up 

Boys basketball had their best  year and would have been the favorite to get to state had it not been for the pushing match heard around the world. 

Great results but a great AD would give all this credit to his coaches. No athletic director should tie himself to championships. Field upgrades, facility upgrades, coaches integrity, athletes grades and overall department moral should be associated with the AD's success. 

A great friend of mine does an unreal job at AE Jeff Black and he hasn't even been mentioned. The work he does behind the scenes to better the coaches and athletes lives is second to none. I doubt many of the AD's mentioned would even take a shot to do the work he has done. 

Someone else who will do wonders with his leadership with in his community is Coach Black at Fulton.

35 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

Yep, Bow yourn head when you say the name of the great John Bean. 

these morons in the stands that criticize and second guess these coaches, don't even have a clue how little they really know about what is going on down on the field.  It drives me crazy, I cannot sit in the stands anymore, just can't take it.  

Absolute truth on everything you said.

32 minutes ago, HollywoodJoeyG said:

Great results but a great AD would give all this credit to his coaches. No athletic director should tie himself to championships. Field upgrades, facility upgrades, coaches integrity, athletes grades and overall department moral should be associated with the AD's success. 

A great friend of mine does an unreal job at AE Jeff Black and he hasn't even been mentioned. The work he does behind the scenes to better the coaches and athletes lives is second to none. I doubt many of the AD's mentioned would even take a shot to do the work he has done. 

Someone else who will do wonders with his leadership with in his community is Coach Black at Fulton.

I agree with you.  Jeff is one of the best AD in Knox County if not the state for the time and effort he puts in to his community.  

1 hour ago, oridgecat said:

Yep, Bow yourn head when you say the name of the great John Bean. 

these morons in the stands that criticize and second guess these coaches, don't even have a clue how little they really know about what is going on down on the field.  It drives me crazy, I cannot sit in the stands anymore, just can't take it.  

Yeah, you’re right. We fans, including myself most of all really don’t know half as much as we think we do. Hopefully I’m not one of those you can’t stand to sit (or stand) by anymore. We would all do ourselves good to be a little less opinionated, not just about sports, but just anything in general. Life seems to be a lot easier when you just keep your mouth shut, unless it’s truly needful, which most of the times it isn’t.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, HollywoodJoeyG said:

If you asked Dodgen, he would say it was his coaches (the ones he hired). But that was not the question.  I know Jeff personally and is a great man. 

55 minutes ago, HollywoodJoeyG said:

I believe your only under the coaching tree if your listed on TSSAA coaching portal for the school. If your at the school doing drills with the players during high school practice then yes they could/should be considered. Many though don't list all their coaches and i'm sure its not for this reason. 

There are rules being broke specifically dead period rules with coaches in contact and campus access that happens at every school every year. I believe its just a fish TSSAA isn't willing to cast a line to catch. You see it but you don't want to have that carp on your line because of the fight and once you get it on board its not worth anything. 

Sorry for the fishing reference I have been doing a lot of fishing in the evenings now with more free time. 

Correct. However, those individuals that are not listed in the coaching portal are not allowed to give any instruction during season at practices. You really are getting close to a fine line by not registering them though. This all really started out with their first year doing 7 on 7 Code Blue showed up to tournaments with both Gary Terry and their head coach out their coaching them. People started catching on to what was happening and more and more TN HS coaches started attending tournaments in TN. That is why Code Blue goes to so many out of state tournaments, less eye balls on them.

16 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Yeah, you’re right. We fans, including myself most of all really don’t know half as much as we think we do. Hopefully I’m not one of those you can’t stand to sit (or stand) by anymore. We would all do ourselves good to be a little less opinionated, not just about sports, but just anything in general. Life seems to be a lot easier when you just keep your mouth shut, unless it’s truly needful, which most of the times it isn’t.

No man, I was just speaking in general, not specific individuals, whether it's Neyland or Blankenship or wherever.  I hear some unbelievable stupid stuff come out of "fans" mouths.  But at least they are at the games.  SS, you know your football.  

16 hours ago, SweetScience said:

I like the cut of your jib, SS.