Knoxville West at Powell

WestHigh4Life

12 hours ago, wompuscat said:

Great heavyweight battle there. Good to see Lamar Brown get a shot at a title. 

Biggest difference with these two programs, is there’s one coach you would love for your son to play for, and one you wouldn’t. 

Figure that out as you want. 

That's poppycock. 

Matt was my son's position coach at Powell and he taught my son and his team mates a ton about being competitive and giving all you have on every  single play. The only parents I knew who didn't like him believed their sons were better than they actually were and didn't play as much as others. 

And it is your job to teach and raise your son.  That's not a coaches job.  

I am not close to Matt now like I once was, but a large majority those who get on this forum and dog him don't actually know a thing about him.

Dang KnoxVil who licked the red off your candy cane? I was just stating facts as told by the great Mark Packer. But if you're that hurt by my  post I'm sorry, I'm done on football til next year so you can relax. May be over to basketball threads and may be over to Fulton if Oak Ridge gets to play over there.  Besides got a daughter-in-law teaches over there. 

47 minutes ago, HTV said:

He ran his mouth from the first play of the game. He was fortunate to only get flagged once. 

and this here is why you are the biggest hypocrite in the history of message boards. Of course your diatribe on my other post explains all of it. 

You act like I don’t know all parties involved in all of this. I stand by what I said and always will. 

36 minutes ago, HTV said:

It’s high school athletics. One of the main jobs of a high school coach is help to raise those young men. Not to see how much camera time they can get for themselves. 

and my point was one of these coaches is one of those coaches that you know your son is getting better as a human being as well as a football player. And one of them that isn’t a concern. Just thankful one of the good guys who does it the RIGHT way gets to chalk up the W on the board. 

But I’ll defer to your all-knowing knowledge HTV. What do I know? 

A very good football game. The type you want to see in the semifinals.  Both teams were in it to the end. I thought West had a chance to put it away after the 99 yard interception put them up 21-6, but they couldn't get a stop on Powell the next series. Potts had a great game, you could tell he really wanted to win this one bad. In the end the difference was the West defense were able to get home on a couple of blitzes and get Potts. I was surprised West did not throw the ball more, usually I think teams throw too much, but West didn't throw much at all, although one pass was the big one that put them up at the end. I saw a little bit of Page and Henry County on stream last night. Page came away with the win. They look like they have good size and a good running back. So West can expect a tough title game. 

52 minutes ago, HTV said:

Unfortunately, a lot of these kids don’t have good parenting at home, let alone a good father figure to guide them. And that’s where a great coach/mentor/father figure comes in. I’m not saying anything about Matt, I don’t know him personally, so I’m in no position to comment on that, as far as that goes. Sadly, in today’s world, a Coach can be more of a father figure to kids than their own fathers are.

Edited by SweetScience