6A TITLE - BEECH vs OAKLAND

BarnBurner09

17 hours ago, Director said:

What is interesting is Farragut declined to re sign another 1 and 1 agreement for the next two years. 

Farragut was 1-1 vs Beech and you think It's " interesting " that Farragut didn't want to play Beech for the rest of Eternity ?? LOL , there's a lot of other schools that aren't a 3 hour drive ... I'm no Farragut fan but just implying this is ridiculous 

16 hours ago, tandem said:

Beech may have to go out of state to find opponents next year. No Wilson county school will play them. One RuCo team has committed, another committed then reneged. Gallatin won’t play them. Hats off to Station Camp for committing to a home and home. Now would be the time to schedule them as they should be “down” next year. Only returning about 4 starters. 

Gallatin would have played you if there was an open date with the nonregion games.  Warren Co moving up made scheduling a little more difficult.  Hendersonville and Station Camp were gonna be the first two filled regardless.  Gallatin has only 4 home games next year so it just shows you how tough getting a schedule was.  

46 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Gallatin would have played you if there was an open date with the nonregion games.  Warren Co moving up made scheduling a little more difficult.  Hendersonville and Station Camp were gonna be the first two filled regardless.  Gallatin has only 4 home games next year so it just shows you how tough getting a schedule was.  

Perhaps he changed his mind, but I know Watson said he didn’t want to play. Regardless of how that worked out, it appears he got what he said he wanted. 

18 hours ago, eers said:

Perhaps he changed his mind, but I know Watson said he didn’t want to play. Regardless of how that worked out, it appears he got what he said he wanted. 

Could have always played up and been in the same classification.  You would have played Gallatin and the Wilson Co schools.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

During the playoffs, Beech has averaged giving up 22 points per game.  This is against teams NOT named Oakland.  Oakland offense has averaged 50 pts per game for the playoffs while only giving up 11 per game.  Beech may or may not be the best team Oakland has seen this year but Oakland will definitely be the best Beech has seen.  Top to bottom, Oakland will have more talent and depth.  Oakland could lose their top three running backs and still not really see any dropoff.  Speed and depth is virtually unmatched by anyone in the state.  I know Beech is also a very talented team with a nice stable of running backs and a solid defense.  Both teams are well coached but I will give Creasy the edge against any coach in Tennessee.  

How solid is Beech on special teams?  Oaklands special teams are deadly.  A kicker that can get touchbacks on a very regular basis.  Nail field goals inside 45 and punt and kick returners that are a realisitic threat anytime they touch the ball.  Ask Maryville about returners.  Or most anyone Oakland played this year.

Beech didn't get to 13-1 by being just average.  Obviously they are talented, well coached and good.  They are certainly very capable of winning and may even do so but I do see Oakland taking this one early in the 3rd and leaving Beech behind.  

27 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

Beech needs to watch game film of the CPA defense

My assumption would be that every team Oakland has played since that game has spent hours on end watching that film.  That game was Oakland's wake-up call.  

However, maybe the Oakland coaches should watch that Farragut tape to find the key to beatin' Beach.  Nah...they probably shouldn't.