6A TITLE - BEECH vs OAKLAND

BarnBurner09

What a great season for both programs. Beech impressed me more and more as the season went on.

And Oakland does what Oakland does since getting Creasy. It's amazing what truly elite coaching can do to a program. Look at Maryville with & without GQ and Oakland with & without Creasy. Both were still good without them, but are undoubtedly way better with them. 

Edited by thegreatone36
  • Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

What a great season for both programs. Beech impressed me more and more as the season went on.

And Oakland does what Oakland does since getting Creasy. It's amazing what truly elite coaching can do to a program. Look at Maryville with & without GQ and Oakland with & without Creasy. Both were still good without them, but are undoubtedly way better with them. 

Yep. Oakland has always had talented players. The difference that elite coaching makes should never be understated 

6 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Really proud of my alma mater for being able to capitalize on the mistakes made by Beech, an incredibly well coached team who always plays to the utmost of their potential

What a senior class. 44-1, 3 state championships, so incredibly hard to do when you share a classification with a program like Maryville. Not a lot of big stars like previous classes, just alot of great kids that love football and play for each other. I like Oakland's chances to continue the gold standard this class has set for the program 

Congrats, very dominant program and hard to see it slowing down any time soon. I’d take Creasy over any other coach in the state

With Oakland’s loaded sophomore class, this run has a chance to be something even more remarkable than it already is

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, eers said:

First, congratulations to Beech on a great year. Tonight was not your night, but you have nothing to hang your head about. You made it to the dance, when no one else thought you could.

Hats off to Coach Creasy and a great Oakland team. I have known Coach Creasy for several years and he’s a class act. 

Tonight Beech made too many mistakes and as a championship team does, Oakland capitalized. Beech did not play their best football and it happened to be against the best team in public school classification, if not the state. A bad game does not take away from the year they had. This is a great group of kids… you will be missed.

I’d like to see Beech & Oakland play against each other more in the future. Love the way that Beech plays the game and Coach Crabtree is a great coach & class act as well. It would be good for both programs 

Well it was a good half of a ball game then someone opened the gate let'em out and that's all she wrote. Oakland is just in a good position where their located and a great magnet for attracting good players. Couldn't blame anyone in the area worth a hoot not to be a part of something like that. Creasy is also a good coach because the wrong man handling dynamite can set off an explosion. Their line just over towers most teams and what I dread when we (Maryville) ends up playing them. Congratulations on another championship and looks like this will be the future for a long long long time.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 10iSeeBall said:

Didn't Oakland lose to CPA 35-14? LA just beat CPA 42-0. LA also beat Thompson AL who just won 7A State Title, and Milton, GA who is playing for 7A title next week. Oakland has a great team, but no way the beat LA, BA, Ensowrth, Baylor, McCallie, or MBA. Don't think any of those scores would be close either. 

LOL and most thought the championship game last night was going to be close!! I would say a running clock for the whole 4th quarter was not a close game. Wasn't it last year Oakland played a couple of great private schools from Tennessee and if my memory is correct, they won both!! I think the CPA game this year is just what Oakland needed, it brought them back down to earth. Most games Oakland play are won before the game even starts!! So if you believe your statement you made 10iseeball, then I have a bridge I will sell you!!

11 hours ago, 10iSeeBall said:

Didn't Oakland lose to CPA 35-14? LA just beat CPA 42-0. LA also beat Thompson AL who just won 7A State Title, and Milton, GA who is playing for 7A title next week. Oakland has a great team, but no way the beat LA, BA, Ensowrth, Baylor, McCallie, or MBA. Don't think any of those scores would be close either. 

I understand your point, just wanted to clarify that Milton got beat 48-14 by Mill Creek on Friday night in the semis. Milton finished their season with a 10-4 record.

10 hours ago, BullyDog said:

LOL and most thought the championship game last night was going to be close!! I would say a running clock for the whole 4th quarter was not a close game. Wasn't it last year Oakland played a couple of great private schools from Tennessee and if my memory is correct, they won both!! I think the CPA game this year is just what Oakland needed, it brought them back down to earth. Most games Oakland play are won before the game even starts!! So if you believe your statement you made 10iseeball, then I have a bridge I will sell you!!

They be both LA & CPA last year. Close, great games.

On 12/3/2022 at 8:50 PM, Grunt said:

Creasy let the subs get a snap on a championship game.  Happens often. Kevin Creasy is as class as it gets.

He did this allow others to have a snap in an historic Championship game.  They took a knee.  Some on here apparently know nothing about football.

• Upvote 1

On 12/4/2022 at 5:07 AM, thegreatone36 said:

"And Oakland does what Oakland does since getting Creasy."  Thank you for pointing out this truth.  According to Middle Tn Football, Tommy McDaniel had a lot to do with the success Oakland has achieved.  What a joke.