Watson resigns at Gallatin

mondo44

21 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

At this point, I only hope we don't have to accept a coach from the peewee ranks the way some people talk.......

Just because they haven't made a hire yet, doesn't mean we won't get a good coach. I know the administration is trying to get it right this time, and are doing everything they can to get the right guy. Be patient, there are still some big names in the mix, I'm sure. 

• Like 1

The reward of winning at large quantity here is greater than a lot of other places in the state. If you win, there will be a LARGE following & support, to whichever coach may be reading this. People don't like Gallatin being good. And if I was a fan of an opposing team, I wouldn't want them to succeed either. I'd also wish they don't get their stuff figured out. The tools are there. Just need the right guy to know how to use them. 

Edited by thegreatone36
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

The reward of winning at large quantity here is greater than a lot of other places in the state. If you win, there will be a LARGE following & support, to whichever coach may be reading this. People don't like Gallatin being good. And if I was a fan of an opposing team, I wouldn't want them to succeed either. I'd also wish they don't get their stuff figured out. The tools are there. Just need the right guy to know how to use them. 

This is true!!  Fans of opponents be stirring the pot on here.  They know what could happen and it can happen again!!  This town is hungry for a winner.  Definitely some work to be done but the rewards can be high.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

This is true!!  Fans of opponents be stirring the pot on here.  They know what could happen and it can happen again!!  This town is hungry for a winner.  Definitely some work to be done but the rewards can be high.  

Very true.  Growing up in this town and being a part of the program during our "Hayday" the support is still there for a winning program.  It will be funny to see all the response if we make the type of hire we all want and should be able to make.  Everyone saying it's not a top tier job anymore, are probably former opponents that we beat when they were in school.  Message board warriors that probably took a couple of loses from the WAVE, don't hide behind made up screen names.   It's comical to read all these experts here.   Happy holidays to all of you.  

16 minutes ago, DwayneSherlin said:

Very true.  Growing up in this town and being a part of the program during our "Hayday" the support is still there for a winning program.  It will be funny to see all the response if we make the type of hire we all want and should be able to make.  Everyone saying it's not a top tier job anymore, are probably former opponents that we beat when they were in school.  Message board warriors that probably took a couple of loses from the WAVE, don't hide behind made up screen names.   It's comical to read all these experts here.   Happy holidays to all of you.  

It’s absolutely still a top tier job.  And it is still viewed as such by coaches across the state. I’m confident we are about to see things change for the better at Gallatin.  

On 12/22/2022 at 6:50 PM, thegreatone36 said:

I don’t know that I agree with all that. 
There is a huge benefit to Gallatin being competitive. Mainly the money that is associated with a winning program. 
The gate proceeds, concessions, contributions that follow good teams is a big benefit to all. Everyone wants to win, but everyone longs for that huge competitive game. 
These games have a huge impact for the entire school. Gallatin and others long for that Friday night atmosphere. It benefits no one to have a losing program. 

• Like 1

On 12/22/2022 at 6:50 PM, thegreatone36 said:

I completely agree that Gallatin could once again become a premier program not only in Tennessee but also in the nation.  The major issues are as follows:

1.  You must have an academic program where kids from all over Sumner County may attend Gallatin High School if they so desire.  Just like Oakland has with the IB program.

2.  It’s an absolute must that you find a young and dynamic head coach that is allowed to hire each and every one of his assistant coaches.  The head coach must also be allowed to control the middle school programs that feed GHS.  The head football coach must not only share athletes with the other sports programs within GHS but he must demand that the best athletes play other sports.  This not only helps the other teams by building community support but it also aids in preventing overuse injuries.  

3.  The school board and administrators must back the philosophy of the new coach and support the coaching staff if the program is to reach the highest possible level of success.  I don’t care what a coaches credentials are if he is not a great fit the experience will be miserable for everyone involved.

4.  Initially you should expect resistance from many that are both inside and outside the walls of the school.  Those that are inside the building that are not fully cooperating must be terminated immediately as they are nothing more than a bad form of cancer that will throw up roadblocks at every opportunity.

36 minutes ago, cbg said:

I completely agree that Gallatin could once again become a premier program not only in Tennessee but also in the nation.  The major issues are as follows:

1.  You must have an academic program where kids from all over Sumner County may attend Gallatin High School if they so desire.  Just like Oakland has with the IB program.

2.  It’s an absolute must that you find a young and dynamic head coach that is allowed to hire each and every one of his assistant coaches.  The head coach must also be allowed to control the middle school programs that feed GHS.  The head football coach must not only share athletes with the other sports programs within GHS but he must demand that the best athletes play other sports.  This not only helps the other teams by building community support but it also aids in preventing overuse injuries.  

3.  The school board and administrators must back the philosophy of the new coach and support the coaching staff if the program is to reach the highest possible level of success.  I don’t care what a coaches credentials are if he is not a great fit the experience will be miserable for everyone involved.

4.  Initially you should expect resistance from many that are both inside and outside the walls of the school.  Those that are inside the building that are not fully cooperating must be terminated immediately as they are nothing more than a bad form of cancer that will throw up roadblocks at every opportunity.

You got me at #3…Hahaha…. The school board helping out Gallatin is laughable…. You don’t know Sumner Co very well at all.  

Edited by GWAVE1
  • Like 1