East Nashville vs Alcoa missing thread???

crow6424

21 hours ago, TheCommissioner said:

East has nothing to hang their heads about 

QB and RB getting hurt for East changed the game 

unfortunate for them 2 players and EN...class act by the Alcoa players going up and hugging the injured after the game .....

...that atrocious special teams is inexcusable and those special players that were injured wouldnt overcome that.....tho it wouldnt have mattered at last years contest....this year no so maybe....special teams was a absolutes disaster at this game....

...the reason that AAA Gold Ball may not be in Nashville is 100% all on the HC....100%

Booger just sayin :thumb:

16 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

First off congratulations to Alcoa on an 8th straight State Championship and a 21st overall.

East Nashville made 3 huge mistakes in the first half that they just couldn’t overcome to beat Alcoa.

1.). The Pick Six.

2.). The Onside Kick when it was 21-20 in the final minute of the half.

3.). The botched kick return that gave Alcoa a free FG to end the half.  

Those 3 mistakes directly led to 17 of Alcoa’s 31 points in the 1st Half.  

I didn’t realize how young Alcoa was this year until I started looking at their roster after the game.  They maybe had a dozen seniors.  They will be back the next two years and be favored to push it to 10 straight.  

On a side note I went with a group of friends to a BBQ joint as soon as the game ended and spoke with a group of people from Alcoa.  The more I spoke to them I thought one of them was an Alcoa “Goon” from CoachT.  If you were then it was great to meet you guys.  

East Nashville had a great two year run with their seniors and certainly shouldn’t feel disappointed in any way.  They battled their tails off and took the game into the 4th Quarter before attrition caught up to them.  

The best 3 looking kids on Alcoa’s team were #45 the OLB, #44 the TE, and #7 the TB.  They’ll all be back next year along with #4 the WR.  All of those kids are going to pay for their college educations playing football one day in the future.  

that was not a planned onside kick.....that ball was wiffed

Booger just sayin ;-)

10 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Yup! Knew it was being worked hard. Glad it worked out! Should be a great game like the Alcoa and West game was this year!:thumb:

This will be a great game!  Two of the best programs in the state of Tennessee going head to head. I’m circling this date to make sure I attend this game. 

Edited by UCSportsFan

12 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Yes, This East Nashville Team was an absolute loaded team with talent and great players. They are well coached also. They pushed Alcoa physically, especially #4, #3 & #2. Again great players. 

As far as Alcoa, yes,Alcoa returns all but two players on defense.  #7 & #4 are brothers. #44 & #4 are Sophomores.  #8 is a Freshmen. Some great players coming in from the Middle School should help in reloading.

Yes, you probably came across "Slant" he talked about going for BBQ. I went to hang with friends in ChooChoo town while in the area. It would have be great to meet you after getting to hang with coacht legend and my buddy Booger! :thumb:

Congrats on another Gold ball,miss getting to see you goons at the final game!Did I hear right this was #4 first year playing and they had to talk him into it???Dang that kid is special!!

7 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Congrats on another Gold ball,miss getting to see you goons at the final game!Did I hear right this was #4 first year playing and they had to talk him into it???Dang that kid is special!!

Thank you OnB! 

Yes, that would be correct. Luke is going to be a phenomenal player to watch two more years! :thumb: