West Tennessee Teams

sportsfan53ray

5 of 10 come from the same substate. Westview GC Huntingdon Summertown CC

3 of 10 come from same District. Westview GC Huntingdon….

what a shame honestly. TSSAA screwed it up royally when they put west tn teams in districts/regions with middle tn. 

Division I – Class 2A

1. Westview (7)                      16-0    91

2. Alcoa                             15-2    79

3. York Institute (2)                 15-2    78

4. Huntingdon (1)                    17-1    72

5. Gatlinburg-Pittman                 15-3    63

6. Gibson County                     16-4    45

7. Cheatham County                   17-2    43

8. McMinn Central                    11-5    27

9. Community                         13-4    23

10. Summertown                        12-5    19

Others receiving 12 or more points: none.<

24 minutes ago, westtn12 said:

what a shame honestly. TSSAA screwed it up royally when they put west tn teams in districts/regions with middle tn. 

Division I – Class 2A

Alcoa, McMinn Central and Gatlinburg-Pittman only 2 of them will make state.

14 hours ago, westtn12 said:

Division I – Class 2A

What did you expect the TSSAA to do, send them to East TN for Region play? It's all based on geographical location and how many schools are in that class compared to location.  It happens the same way in Football where some classifications you have middle tn teams going east or middle tn teams going west once play-offs start.  Not a Shame just a reality

14 minutes ago, Swipes said:

What did you expect the TSSAA to do, send them to East TN for Region play? It's all based on geographical location and how many schools are in that class compared to location.  It happens the same way in Football where some classifications you have middle tn teams going east or middle tn teams going west once play-offs start.  Not a Shame just a reality

The poster is talking about Memphis had three Districts and word is it was to benefit boys more than it was being realistic. Look at the District Tournaments and Region Tournaments in girls games those three Districts last year. Five or Six teams were pretty much non-existent and have Region Semi games 1-0 just forfeit games. Bad thing about it is they take up two spots at state and really good teams are left out. They actually went back to two Districts the next cycle like it should have been the first time. There are some Districts that have more teams just the way it is. 

7 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

The poster is talking about Memphis had three Districts and word is it was to benefit boys more than it was being realistic. Look at the District Tournaments and Region Tournaments in girls games those three Districts last year. Five or Six teams were pretty much non-existent and have Region Semi games 1-0 just forfeit games. Bad thing about it is they take up two spots at state and really good teams are left out. They actually went back to two Districts the next cycle like it should have been the first time. There are some Districts that have more teams just the way it is. 

I believe the future plan calls on Gibson County & Westview to go West. I might be wrong, but if the programs continue what both have done over the last 20 years....that'll help the other teams in the current situation and will help both teams to continue to be strong and take on the Memphis area teams. I heard that somewhere in here. 

15 minutes ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

I believe the future plan calls on Gibson County & Westview to go West. I might be wrong, but if the programs continue what both have done over the last 20 years....that'll help the other teams in the current situation and will help both teams to continue to be strong and take on the Memphis area teams. I heard that somewhere in here. 

We are either District 13 or 14 next year and Peabody is in our District and Huntingdon is in the Camden District and will keep going across the river. We will play the Adamsville, Decatur County and Scott’s Hill District in the Region and the winners will play the two Memphis Districts for substate. It will help Loretto and Summertown a little for sure. One of them will still have to play Huntingdon every year which won’t be easy. It will definitely help Gibson County and Westview. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Swipes said:

No, not to the East obviously. I’m just making an assessment of how two regions/substates one in the west (westview, etc) and one in the east (alcoa, etc.) have a much tougher road to state. I know most is geography based. And most won’t/can’t change because of that. But for example Union City/ Westview is a 3+ hour drive to their substate matchups if they had to travel. Where getting to murfreesboro (state tournament) is actually a little less of a drive. It just doesn’t make sense that a substate(sectional) game would be further than the actual state tournament. But I did see where the next cycle it seems more geographically correct for those teams. I know it will never be perfect and this wasn’t a shot any anyone… just an assessment of how really good teams in the same region/substate won’t make it where as teams who may forfeit/lose will.