NIL

mondo44

15 minutes ago, cbg said:

While money is not the answer to everything it does play a significant roll in the overall education of Davidson County students.  Metro Nashville Public Schools (Davidson County) in the 1970’s began to abandon the public school system.  The end result is that the private schools and academic magnet schools have flourished.  When the public school system was “online” during the pandemic the private schools were continuing with business as usual.  Now the various school boards are wondering why the kids are 2+ years behind in reading and mathematics.  It’s so bad in Nashville that no one is able to tell me the last Mayor of Davidson County that sent their children to Metro Nashville Public Schools.  When “KING JOHN COOPER” elects to send his kids to private schools and not MNPS that should tell the residents of Davidson County everything that they need to know.

Between Cooper’s incompetence, Lee’s push for his buddy’s charter school plan, and NIL bypassing financial aid rules, I expect D2 sports to be on steroids in Nashville!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, PurplePanther said:

To some extent.  But you still have D2 kids that "move" to Murfreesboro for Oakland.

Hmmm , so I wonder if this new NIL deal will make the quality of play even wider between private and public or is this going to limit to an even fewer amount of teams in contention in public schools… oh lord we might end up with 14 divisions in Tn Football! LoL 

1 hour ago, HTV said:

Aren't they already?  

I am currently in Texas and rest assured that the public schools in my area (Lake Travis and Westlake) are doing everything and more than the D2 schools in Tennessee.  If the public schools in Tennessee want to see how you win in football they should go to Texas, Georgia or Florida and take a few lessons.  Tennessee public schools are light years behind in not only athletics but also in academics.  

1 hour ago, cbg said:

I am currently in Texas and rest assured that the public schools in my area (Lake Travis and Westlake) are doing everything and more than the D2 schools in Tennessee.  If the public schools in Tennessee want to see how you win in football they should go to Texas, Georgia or Florida and take a few lessons.  Tennessee public schools are light years behind in not only athletics but also in academics.  

Oh, I know.  I have equal Tennessee and Texas roots and have, and still do,  spend a good amount of time there.  It's a completely different world with the Independent School District system. A real arms race. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sx1234 said:

What about other states?   If Tennessee is the only state allowing this, you better believe we are going to have an influx of 5-star recruits leaving Georgia and the Carolinas to come play ball here.

A handful of other states have begun to allow it. 

From what I have been told a 5 star QB would have been at a high school in the western part of Knox County playing his senior season had Tennessee allowed NIL. But since they didn't he had to stay in a western state that does allow it. 

6 minutes ago, HTV said:

A handful of other states have begun to allow it. 

From what I have been told a 5 star QB would have been at a high school in the western part of Knox County playing his senior season had Tennessee allowed NIL. But since they didn't he had to stay in a western state that does allow it. 

From my 30 second google search... it appears there are several.  However, TN is the first state in the Southeast.