Scott Cummings has resigned at Oak Ridge

HTV

I haven't been talking OR football because OR boys and girls basketball is really fun to follow.

To the Wildcat players deal with this upsetting news then get over it. You owe it to yourselves to do what is best for you. In my opinion, what the players should do is get bigger, stronger and faster and show everybody next season we are Oak Ridge and WE GOT THIS!

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to all and to all a hopefully great new Coach for Oak Ridge.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

27 minutes ago, BigTime1950 said:

Its been since late November that there has been much talk on an OR thread and there has been no OR Football 2023 thread. Most of them have been talking on the Clinton and Bearden thread about beating Maryville which is not going to happen. The quiteness should have been a clue that not everything is great over there like most of their talk is about OR.

This is total BS, not once did any OR fan say anything about beating Maryville.  If they did, quote it, because that is BS.  Here come the trolls! and the Haters!

5 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

This is total BS, not once did any OR fan say anything about beating Maryville.  If they did, quote it, because that is BS.  Here come the trolls! and the Haters!

Sorry that you read into what l said meant OR would beat Maryville. There is a thread that is about Bearden beating Maryville. Not a hater or a troll. Just noticed that there has not been much talk about OR football.

2 minutes ago, BigTime1950 said:

Sorry that you read into what l said meant OR would beat Maryville. There is a thread that is about Bearden beating Maryville. Not a hater or a troll. Just noticed that there has not been much talk about OR football.

You typed it.  What does Bearden talking about Maryville have to do with Oak Ridge?

3 minutes ago, ORWildcats1 said:

Does anyone know the details yet?

Only this press release from OR Schools:

“Oak Ridge Schools can confirm that Coach Scott Cummings is no longer employed as the Head Football Coach at Oak Ridge High School. Because this involves a personnel matter, however, Oak Ridge Schools will have no further comment at this time, other than to wish Coach Cummings the best moving forward.”

5 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

You typed it.  What does Bearden talking about Maryville have to do with Oak Ridge?

I typed about a thread l thought some OR people had posted on. Looked back and l saw l was wrong. The thread was not about OR beating Maryville. I saw OR people commenting on the Clinton thread. I know Maryville and OR don't play regular season. Hey no problem, l know it's got to be a tense situation out there now. Good luck in finding a new HC.

• CoachT locked this topic