Scott Cummings has resigned at Oak Ridge

HTV

I am not sure if I have seen emotions run so high on here. I know I will still be a Wildcat fan no matter what happens. Deep down I think things will work out and the players will have a Coach and Program they will want to play for. Not saying Coach Cummings wasn't a very good Coach. I liked what I saw of him.

Roll Wildcats Roll! Peace to all and to all a Tee Higgins Christmas by the Bengal Boys. Who Dey...search You Tube for that song and the song Shut UP and Pass to Tee by the Bengal Boys.

16 hours ago, pepvol said:

Not a Grown man with any Balls ! Good Lord the toughness and Hard Love I got from my Coaches back in the Day made Joining the United States Marine Corps a LOT easier on me . I Didn't cower in a corner wanting my Mommy when the Drill Instructors started Hollering because of the Great Leaders of Men I had for my Football Coaches cared enough about me to have high expectations .... and I know of Hundreds of other great Men who are forever Grateful for these Real Men we had for leaders back then . Grow a set and quit Blushing like a girly man !

Great post.Entitled soft people nowadays. Football as we knew it is gone.

• Like 1

When I was in school Oak Ridge was the king of the hill and why I have always been a fan of the program for many years. Fast forward many years later to what has happened over the past two years is just to unbelievable to even watch. Yesterday's dumpster fire and those who were behind it should all be named and shamed publicly and their rotten kids should be ask to go somewhere else. About time some of you in the know started getting on here and tell what happened. You see how I carried on this season regarding the loser principal at Maryville who was brought in from Florida with her crazy BS fired the basketball coach who was the man over our NFHS program and turned it in to crap. They let a high school kid aim the camera while listening to the PA announcer in the background tell what was going on and half the time it was never on. We live in the time of the baby boomer generation which are now our seniors and a lot can't go to the games and had to listen to most of the games on radio because of that FOOL they drug in that needs to go. For the world of me I can't believe people in Oak Ridge that were apart of that winning tradition are going to set around let this nonsense go on.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I do hope in the next coaching search that if they appoint a committee to interview and recommend a new coach that it will be a valid exercise and not a facade where the administration is going to pick the coach and had already picked him and the committee is just a show.  Also, the next coach needs the absolute support of the administration from day one to get this program back on its feet. I’m not sure the OR admin is all in on that. 

I do wonder if the issues the admin had with Coach Cummings were adequately communicated to him as they happened and he was given changes he could make real time. His firing seems to be rather quick and vague in cause.  

Anyway I wish him luck in finding a new job and strongly urge the admin get it right this time and stand behind the football program.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

There should be a better and more detailed statement issued by the school administration on the whole matter. The citizens of Oak Ridge deserve to know exactly why the head football coach was put into a position to have to resign. I'm usually opposed to to it but for a change "Throw all the dirty laundry" out for all to see. 

• Upvote 1

• CoachT locked this topic