Scott Cummings has resigned at Oak Ridge

HTV

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

When I was in school Oak Ridge was the king of the hill and why I have always been a fan of the program for many years. Fast forward many years later to what has happened over the past two years is just to unbelievable to even watch. Yesterday's dumpster fire and those who were behind it should all be named and shamed publicly and their rotten kids should be ask to go somewhere else. About time some of you in the know started getting on here and tell what happened. You see how I carried on this season regarding the loser principal at Maryville who was brought in from Florida with her crazy BS fired the basketball coach who was the man over our NFHS program and turned it in to crap. They let a high school kid aim the camera while listening to the PA announcer in the background tell what was going on and half the time it was never on. We live in the time of the baby boomer generation which are now our seniors and a lot can't go to the games and had to listen to most of the games on radio because of that FOOL they drug in that needs to go. For the world of me I can't believe people in Oak Ridge that were apart of that winning tradition are going to set around let this nonsense go on.

Barney is right about this. If oak ridge fans set around and watch this happen to their program they’ll end up like sevier county. 

21 hours ago, oridgecat said:

That is the details, yelling at kids and cussing on the field.  Gasp!  Wow.  Just ridiculous and pathetic.   Well, totally sucks for the kids having to go through a whole new hire.  

If true?  Then all of Knox, Blount and surrounding counties area coaches would be out of job as well...lol 

15 minutes ago, bounder said:

There should be a better and more detailed statement issued by the school administration on the whole matter. The citizens of Oak Ridge deserve to know exactly why the head football coach was put into a position to have to resign. I'm usually opposed to to it but for a change "Throw all the dirty laundry" out for all to see. 

Bounder…I don’t see this as the school’s place. Cummings is quoted in media as saying he does not want to address the specifics. It is his life. 
Also, one is usually allowed to resign at his call to avoid all of this speculation. I’m not sure I understand some of his media comments in that light. 
I wish him and his family well. I’m sure it is very hard on all of them. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, abetee said:

Yet you were critical of Coach O at Heritage when he cursed in the locker room. 

I was critical because it was on audio and he didn’t just cuss he came across as a deranged out of control lunatic… yet still I didn’t say anything about firing him . Apparently someone at Heritage thought the same thing because we didn’t hear anything else about “ hot pizz “ this year 

42 minutes ago, Cactus Jack said:

I do hope in the next coaching search that if they appoint a committee to interview and recommend a new coach that it will be a valid exercise and not a facade where the administration is going to pick the coach and had already picked him and the committee is just a show.  Also, the next coach needs the absolute support of the administration from day one to get this program back on its feet. I’m not sure the OR admin is all in on that. 

I do wonder if the issues the admin had with Coach Cummings were adequately communicated to him as they happened and he was given changes he could make real time. His firing seems to be rather quick and vague in cause.  

Anyway I wish him luck in finding a new job and strongly urge the admin get it right this time and stand behind the football program.

That's just one of many things about this that makes me mad.It really seems like a few people wanted him gone and never approached him about his language being an issue.They wanted to build a case and get rid of him.I will wait for 100% confirmation but seems like a few people need to be called out.It just blows my mind that your AD coached for 48 yrs and knows how crazy parents are and knows you can never make everyone happy.That he didn't have Scott's back and sounds like did nothing to help Scott keep his job.

5 minutes ago, NoleNation3 said:

That's just one of many things about this that makes me mad.It really seems like a few people wanted him gone and never approached him about his language being an issue.They wanted to build a case and get rid of him.I will wait for 100% confirmation but seems like a few people need to be called out.It just blows my mind that your AD coached for 48 yrs and knows how crazy parents are and knows you can never make everyone happy.That he didn't have Scott's back and sounds like did nothing to help Scott keep his job.

Romeo didn't exactly have the cleanest slate there as a coach to my recollection.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, NoleNation3 said:

I don't think the AD had a lot of say in it, either way, I understand it came from the administration,

42 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Romeo didn't exactly have the cleanest slate there as a coach to my recollection.

Not trying to start a beef but that to me is a cheap shot Barney. "Romeo" is used by a troll from Clinton, our rival. You sure are fired up about this but I do love your appreciation for Oak Ridge football. I like Maryville football because they have a winning tradition. Like I said not trying to start a beef with you.

• CoachT locked this topic