Greenback 2023

orngnblk

4 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Like I said if they don't hire Greg back Rayl has alot of potential.Greg has proven himself and if they will pay him will be here for a very long time,remember Greg Coached without being paid a few years.Rayl like most others will be looking for a much better paying job with his age if he is successful and if he is not our hole just gets deeper!

Do your homework.  I heard Rayl’s wife is a doctor or something. Money isn’t what he is after.  He wants to come home.  The boy has family in GB.   I talked to him the other day.  He has people skills. He will get the kids out and he knows football.  Rankin wanted him so what’s that say.  GB calm down and get behind the hire whoever that is.  Form a community and bring back GB 1A Football.   

23 minutes ago, playoffs said:

EXACTLY!! Well said. Does Greenback know that Rankin offered Rayl a DC job at Boyd Buchanan, but it was a private school in a big city.  He is a country boy with a wife and kids. Rayl played at Meigs and McMinn central.  Got a full ride at UTC playing D end. He has a successful teaching degree (look it up on the TN website), he is a successful DC for 6A school.   Pretty sure he has family that live in Greenback.  Spend some time researching GB. WHY NOT RAYL? 

Why not Rayl?  

2015-2020 Greenback Head Coach Greg Ryan 

Resume: 

Record 68-16

3 TSSAA 1A Runner Up (15, 16, 19)

1 TSSAA 1A Championship  (17)

3 TN Titan Mr. Football Winners (16, 18, 19) ; 

5 Consecutive Region Championships ('15-'19)

1 Baseball Championship  ('19) Assistant Coach

Greenback native, Greenback graduate, and all-state player at Greenback,  as well as having extended family in the area. 

Rayl may be an excellent coach, but we want answers from the selection committee as to why this job was not Ryan’s to turn down in the first place, considering his resume. There is mischief afoot…

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, playoffs said:

Do your homework.  I heard Rayl’s wife is a doctor or something. Money isn’t what he is after.  He wants to come home.  The boy has family in GB.   I talked to him the other day.  He has people skills. He will get the kids out and he knows football.  Rankin wanted him so what’s that say.  GB calm down and get behind the hire whoever that is.  Form a community and bring back GB 1A Football.   

Good for him sounds like a great guy and we will get behind the hire whoever it is accepts... I know i will. Day #1 lets go to work

My issue is not with Rayl's Resume at all, yes there's alot of Qs esp offensive Qs i have but those would be answered later on... the main issue we have is with admin and elected officals who have completely "railroaded" the hometown guy... the guy that made GB a powerhouse in 1A. So i apologize to Rayl's family i can only speak for myself, my beef is 100% not with him at all... its with this so called "search committee" (and county politicians) that are NOT listening to the players and definitely not listening to the fan base and ramming this down our throats! B/c if they were listening we wouldnt even be on here now having this conversation. And to make it worse, some of the ones doing it are Greenback people. Which just burns even more.

So please dont come on here telling us how to feel and to do our homework, we know the kids a good player/coach... Riverdale prob just dont draw names out of the hat. Congrats you're the DC. There just happens to be another canidate that we know and have experience with (see post above) thats been railroaded by personal feelings/agendas and we're gonna try and get some answers... why? 

Edited by glenfromgreenback
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AlBundy said:

Why not Rayl?  

2015-2020 Greenback Head Coach Greg Ryan 

Resume: 

Record 68-16

3 TSSAA 1A Runner Up (15, 16, 19)

1 TSSAA 1A Championship  (17)

3 TN Titan Mr. Football Winners (16, 18, 19) ; 

5 Consecutive Region Championships ('15-'19)

1 Baseball Championship  ('19) Assistant Coach

Greenback native, Greenback graduate, and all-state player at Greenback,  as well as having extended family in the area. 

Rayl may be an excellent coach, but we want answers from the selection committee as to why this job was not Ryan’s to turn down in the first place, considering his resume. There is mischief afoot…

I’m confused.  Did Ryan not LEAVE GB for more money?  Now he wants to come back? Sounds like a great resume but why did he leave and why is he coming back making less money at GB?   

24 minutes ago, glenfromgreenback said:

Good for him sounds like a great guy and we will get behind the hire whoever it is accepts... I know i will. Day #1 lets go to work

My issue is not with Rayl's Resume at all, yes there's alot of Qs esp offensive Qs i have but those would be answered later on... the main issue we have is with admin and elected officals who have completely "railroaded" the hometown guy... the guy that made GB a powerhouse in 1A. So i apologize to Rayl's family i can only speak for myself, my beef is 100% not with him at all... its with this so called "search committee" (and county politicians) that are NOT listening to the players and definitely not listening to the fan base and ramming this down our throats! B/c if they were listening we wouldnt even be on here now having this conversation. And to make it worse, some of the ones doing it are Greenback people. Which just burns even more.

So please dont come on here telling us how to feel and to do our homework, we know the kids a good player/coach... Riverdale prob just dont draw names out of the hat. Congrats you're the DC. There just happens to be another canidate that we know and have experience with (see post above) thats been railroaded by personal feelings/agendas and we're gonna try and get some answers... why? 

28 minutes ago, glenfromgreenback said:

I understand.  I wasn’t trying to tell anyone how to feel and know nothing about the politics.  I just want people to know he is a good man and will do a great job.    You won’t be going wrong if GB ends up with him.  Good luck getting answers.  

10 minutes ago, playoffs said:

I’m confused.  Did Ryan not LEAVE GB for more money?  Now he wants to come back? Sounds like a great resume but why did he leave and why is he coming back making less money at GB?   

2 minutes ago, playoffs said:

I understand.  I wasn’t trying to tell anyone how to feel and know nothing about the politics.  I just want people to know he is a good man and will do a great job.    You won’t be going wrong if GB ends up with him.  Good luck getting answers.  

Good deal just letting you in on some more info... i apologize if i came off a lil hot, its a sensitive subject right now.lol as you can see... but money wasnt the only reason Ryan left, there's more to it i promise, but i wont speak of it b/c i dont have his permission. In the end we all just want Greenback Football back where it was (or as close as we can get it) and competing for 1A Championships. Have a good afternoon

I honestly wanted to wait until he either accepted or rejected the job before I said anything, but I can't.  I've seen posts on here and posts on Facebook by an ignorant fan (which I'm sure is one of you that has posted in here). First and foremost, I've followed Zack Rayl through first, his playing career and now his coaching career.  I have close ties to his family, yet I'm also apart of the Greenback community. I guess I just go back as far as when Satterfield started his run here.  Nonetheless, I'm embarrassed at how this coaching search has went. Not because of how the administration has went about it, but the community itself.  I understand that most want to get back to challenging for state titles, but just realize, you are NOT the Permian Panthers of Texas.  You are NOT a powerhouse.  You are not Maryville or Alcoa or Oakland. If you think you are even close to this, you are dreaming.  

That being said. I've not seen anyone bashing Zack's resume, which I'm appreciative.  But the simple fact that it's "Coach Ryan or nothing" is baffling to me.  That's the problem in today's youth.  It's YOU! The parents! You don't get your way so you take your kids and go to another school.  You're the problem.  Not the kids.  

If you were lucky enough that Coach Rayl accepts the job (which I wouldn't given everything I've seen) sit down with him and actually listen to him.  He's a football genius.  He knows all 3 phases of the game.  On top of that, he's a players coach. His players love him.  I've been around him and players from a different state have called him wanting to come play for him.  heck, look up the Herring brothers that are now at The University of Tennessee.  He coached them!

In closing, I'll say this.  He's seen the crap you all are trying to pull.  I'd be ashamed if I were all of you, whoever you are, I'm sure you're on here.  You should be ashamed.  You'd be SO lucky if he accepted the job, because you're not going to get Ryan.  

IF, and that's a big if, he does accept the job.  Get behind him and support him.  From what I'm hearing, you all are a good year or 2 behind in S&C today given what your last Coach did.  

• Like 3

Zack Rayl sounds like a good choice after doing a lot of reading on here. Casteel put a bad taste in everyone's mouth in Greenback making claims he will not hire anyone with Greenback ties and most still haven't got that taste washed out yet may be the biggest issue and why some want Ryan back. You shouldn't punish a man for leaving to make more money but as someone said there were more reasons. I wonder if the past coach from Greenback ends up at Maryville in their version  of Nick Saben's Halfway House of Fallen Coaches. I know they have one ex Greenback Coach amoung a few more that didn't do so well as a head coach but earned their Butch Jones Certificate of Redemption to stay on as a position coach.

I understand defending Ryan because of his record. But as a relative of a former player, how many times did Ryan win with less talent? In his great run at GB he was loaded with talent. As mentioned before look at the Mr. Football winners. Not many schools can say they have D1 talent, GB had multiple on the same team. Is there a chance he didn't just go to Catholic for the extra money? Could he have foreseen the upcoming struggles and feared it could effect his legacy at GB, as suggested by numerous people in the community? Could there have been internal issues that didn't relate to Ryan's coaching? It just seems as though some are on a witch hunt for anyone that isn't Ryan, and regardless of the potential or how good a new young coach could be, he won't be supported. Question is, what if Ryan got the job and the success wasn't on par with the expectations? Would you all call for his job or make excuses and blame it on the previous coach and admin? But hopefully whoever takes the job realizes he could lose in the state championship and would have to hear about how if Ryan was HC they would have won. Some complain about how this next hire could set GB back even further, but lack of community support could also contribute to that setback. Either way Goodluck on the hire. If Rayl turns it down does the committee stick by their decision not to get Ryan or do they give in and try to meet any request Ryan has?

5 hours ago, playoffs said:

I always do my homework my friend,i have read very article i could find on him.As I have said Rayl has alot of potential!Greg has the best resume.I don't care what he teaches or if he is a DE teacher.I know Greg just like most of the others on here do and most others speculate why he left.WE KNOW WHY and we did not blame him for leaving BUT he is available and he wants this job.Rayl would definitely be my next choice if the do not hire the OBVIOUS choice.One has the experience and a great resume and one is trying to build one.He may turn out to be another Rankin or someone close but right now he is a unproven HC.If he gets the job I'll be behind him 100%.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RowdyCowboy said:

I understand defending Ryan because of his record. But as a relative of a former player, how many times did Ryan win with less talent? In his great run at GB he was loaded with talent. As mentioned before look at the Mr. Football winners. Not many schools can say they have D1 talent, GB had multiple on the same team. Is there a chance he didn't just go to Catholic for the extra money? Could he have foreseen the upcoming struggles and feared it could effect his legacy at GB, as suggested by numerous people in the community? Could there have been internal issues that didn't relate to Ryan's coaching? It just seems as though some are on a witch hunt for anyone that isn't Ryan, and regardless of the potential or how good a new young coach could be, he won't be supported. Question is, what if Ryan got the job and the success wasn't on par with the expectations? Would you all call for his job or make excuses and blame it on the previous coach and admin? But hopefully whoever takes the job realizes he could lose in the state championship and would have to hear about how if Ryan was HC they would have won. Some complain about how this next hire could set GB back even further, but lack of community support could also contribute to that setback. Either way Goodluck on the hire. If Rayl turns it down does the committee stick by their decision not to get Ryan or do they give in and try to meet any request Ryan has?

Let me ask you a question.  Was this Ryan man out coached in the 2019 championship game? He had 4 division 1 players on the team and could only beat grider by 1 point and got steam rolled by that Puckett man.  If that Rankin man trained this rayl man they better hire him. Im not joking either.

• Like 1