It's that time of year

HTV

6 hours ago, ILB1999WHS said:

Why are we trying to act like this is a new thing?  It's happened for years.  Has nothing to do with "the times we live in."  It's human nature.  Grass is greener, etc.

This is true, but in today’s game it has been brought to a whole other level with social media, etc. No denying that.

Edited by SweetScience

8 hours ago, HTV said:

So Bobcat, I can see that you've posted and that's all since I have you on ignore.  I don't see your posts.  

I'm sure you've offered some real pearls of wisdom but be advised that I will never read them.  

Stop stalking me.  

Blah blah we’ve heard this crap before. You can’t see my posts but yet respond everytime I say something. Either you got another account or someone telling you what I say, either way you hear me. And just for the record, you sound like a crybaby with the last comment. I can respond or say whatever to whoever, it’s a message board. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, chsbobcat09 said:

And I’m sure it was all done legally right guys? Because we know he’d never recruit, he’s such a bright light in this dark dark world :thumb:

As long as kids get a transfer approved or they move zones it is all perfectly legal and they can play right away, except when a private school is involved.  Wish more kids would come over to the far west by Turkey Creek!  Don't hate the player, hate the game guys.  Don't be jealous when kids want to go play for a particular program/head coach.

On 1/11/2023 at 8:20 AM, ILB1999WHS said:

Nah.  you're aware of it more because of social media.  That's the only difference.

Could not agree more!  

• Like 1

On 1/11/2023 at 10:33 AM, HTV said:

Yep. And about to get even better, from what I am hearing. 

From my perch at West High,

Hearing a lot of the same, three or four QBs have transferred in from what I hear. That has been a problem over there for a while now. We benefitted this past year from a linebacker (great young man) transferring into West that had been playing out of position at Bearden as the QB. 

On 1/12/2023 at 9:04 AM, ClaboCrazy1961 said:

As long as kids get a transfer approved or they move zones it is all perfectly legal and they can play right away, except when a private school is involved.  Wish more kids would come over to the far west by Turkey Creek!  Don't hate the player, hate the game guys.  Don't be jealous when kids want to go play for a particular program/head coach.

Could not agree more!  

Sometime Knox County approves a transfer and later information is found out that the transfer player was found out to be ineligible. Just because Knox County Schools approvers a transfer doesn't mean TSSAA has declared the player eligible.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigTime1950 said:

Sometime Knox County approves a transfer and later information is found out that the transfer player was found out to be ineligible. Just because Knox County Schools approvers a transfer doesn't mean TSSAA has declared the player eligible.

Yep.  That's where a principal and AD have to do their jobs and be sure it's a legit move in to the zone.  We saw what happens when they don't a few years back in our part of the county.  

But as long as a youngster starts as a freshman at a school it doesn't matter where they actually live in Tennessee as long as it's with a parent or legal guardian, according to TSSAA rules.  They are eligible.