Blackman

MidTennFootball

1 hour ago, Blaze45 said:

Brother while I respect your head Coach and was once his neighbor, the one thing you don't have to do is worry about me rooting for your puppies. I have supported this team since their 2006 -2-8 season under Bobby Wells. I made the trip to Hoover and Both times to Maryville. before and during a time when my boys ever played for Blackman. I set through the comeback that Jennings led at Indy. I set through the mud bowl... and Bowling Green fiasco  Don't talk to me about loyal, when you will be off these boards when your kid moves on. I've seen the home bleachers a time or two at Smyrna look eerily similar to an Antioch home game ;

I am 57 years old and played at Smyrna. My kids are grown. I had been in Smyrna bleachers 20 years in 06 and was already balding. Now that we have wasted time competing résumé’s, who don’t you give the guy a chance 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DawgsPBS said:

I am 57 years old and played at Smyrna. My kids are grown. I had been in Smyrna bleachers 20 years in 06 and was already balding. Now that we have wasted time competing résumé’s, who don’t you give the guy a chance 

Congrats... I am 54 spent my youth in Texas playing and watching ball in west Texas.   No where did say I wouldn't give the guy a chance, What I said is I don't think he was the right hire. Tell me you would take him over your coach??Or tell me you believe he is a coach that is going to contend with or beat Creasy? If you are not making progress you are falling behind. I didn't see this as an upgrade and the only thing anyone has said is he brings stability. 

14 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

Congrats... I am 54 spent my youth in Texas playing and watching ball in west Texas.   No where did say I wouldn't give the guy a chance, What I said is I don't think he was the right hire. Tell me you would take him over your coach??Or tell me you believe he is a coach that is going to contend with or beat Creasy? If you are not making progress you are falling behind. I didn't see this as an upgrade and the only thing anyone has said is he brings stability. 

Tygard didn't and was not going to compete with Creasy. They may not score as many points, but they are already much better defensively. 

7 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

NOBODY is going to compete with Creasy. He is the best coach and recruiter in TN, period. Until he retires or moves on, nobody will beat him. He may slip on a banana peel (CPA) now and then, but it will not be consistent. Matt Williams and Kriesky are a lot alike. Lunch box toting, hard hat wearing, fundamental coaches. When Matt Williams was hired, who in TN said ‘wow they hired Vince Lombardi!’ nobody.

Tygard is an amazing offensive mind, super exciting coach, he makes Friday nights fun. But if you look at his resume, he changes jobs every two years. Your defense was literally the worst in the state, literally. This is not a knock, these are facts. He came in, pumped some life into the program and left. This is what he has done everywhere. 

IMHO your guys needed someone who is going to stay the course and bring you a good solid foundation and stability. The talent is there. It will be there every year. Imho you are in a great spot. 

57 minutes ago, DawgsPBS said:

NOBODY is going to compete with Creasy. He is the best coach and recruiter in TN, period. Until he retires or moves on, nobody will beat him. He may slip on a banana peel (CPA) now and then, but it will not be consistent. Matt Williams and Kriesky are a lot alike. Lunch box toting, hard hat wearing, fundamental coaches. When Matt Williams was hired, who in TN said ‘wow they hired Vince Lombardi!’ nobody.

Tygard is an amazing offensive mind, super exciting coach, he makes Friday nights fun. But if you look at his resume, he changes jobs every two years. Your defense was literally the worst in the state, literally. This is not a knock, these are facts. He came in, pumped some life into the program and left. This is what he has done everywhere. 

IMHO your guys needed someone who is going to stay the course and bring you a good solid foundation and stability. The talent is there. It will be there every year. Imho you are in a great spot. 

There have been candidates from powerhouse programs from other states. that applied. Rankin expressed interest in the job 2 years ago, Defense has been on the decline for about 4 years now.... Ironically  about as long as Rockvale has been around. My boys played over at Rockvale middle school and the one thing about it , it was a bunch of hard nosed kids that would line up and hit you. Blackman does not and has not had that dawg mentality in a while. Last player I remember really having that edge was Connor Murphy. As a linebacker he was going to put a slobberknocker on you every play

Folks may or may not believe this but Tygard truly wanted to stay here. His wife has family in the area, It was a close drive for his Dad to be here,  And while I know what Kriesky's mid set is and how he is similar to Williams, Williams has one thing Blackman does not, Williams has pit bulls to make Dawgs out of. Blackmans demographics are just not the same as Oakland or Smyrna or Riverdale for that matter. THis is part of why I don't think this style is going to work at the moment 

2 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

There have been candidates from powerhouse programs from other states. that applied. Rankin expressed interest in the job 2 years ago, Defense has been on the decline for about 4 years now.... Ironically  about as long as Rockvale has been around. My boys played over at Rockvale middle school and the one thing about it , it was a bunch of hard nosed kids that would line up and hit you. Blackman does not and has not had that dawg mentality in a while. Last player I remember really having that edge was Connor Murphy. As a linebacker he was going to put a slobberknocker on you every play

Folks may or may not believe this but Tygard truly wanted to stay here. His wife has family in the area, It was a close drive for his Dad to be here,  And while I know what Kriesky's mid set is and how he is similar to Williams, Williams has one thing Blackman does not, Williams has pit bulls to make Dawgs out of. Blackmans demographics are just not the same as Oakland or Smyrna or Riverdale for that matter. THis is part of why I don't think this style is going to work at the moment 

The amount of money and perks Cleveland threw at Tygard, he had to take it.

They tried to get Rosser, but his wife works at Harvard and he makes 150 a year in Boston coaching. 

All i am saying, is give the guy a chance. 

25 minutes ago, DawgsPBS said:

The amount of money and perks Cleveland threw at Tygard, he had to take it.

They tried to get Rosser, but his wife works at Harvard and he makes 150 a year in Boston coaching. 

All i am saying, is give the guy a chance. 

Off topic: How much longer do you think Williams has at Smyrna ? I've heard he is close to retiring 

12 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

If the debate is which coach or style faired best against Creasy, here are the results

Watson:  0-4   Lost by an average score of 23.75 points per game

Hartsfield:  0-3  Lost by an average score of 15.67 points per game

Tygard:  0-3  Lost by an average score of 29 points per game

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

Folks may or may not believe this but Tygard truly wanted to stay here. His wife has family in the area, It was a close drive for his Dad to be here,

FACT

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1