Blackman

MidTennFootball

12 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

Congrats... I am 54 spent my youth in Texas playing and watching ball in west Texas.   No where did say I wouldn't give the guy a chance, What I said is I don't think he was the right hire. Tell me you would take him over your coach??Or tell me you believe he is a coach that is going to contend with or beat Creasy? If you are not making progress you are falling behind. I didn't see this as an upgrade and the only thing anyone has said is he brings stability. 

I would totally agree.  It would appear that Blackman flubbed this onside kick

29 minutes ago, Vol9093 said:

If the debate is which coach or style faired best against Creasy, here are the results

Watson:  0-4   Lost by an average score of 23.75 points per game

Hartsfield:  0-3  Lost by an average score of 15.67 points per game

Tygard:  0-3  Lost by an average score of 29 points per game

Heck looking at these variances in scores, they should have rehired Hartsfield.  It's not going to get better for at least two more years.

Edited by Augustus

44 minutes ago, Vol9093 said:

If the debate is which coach or style faired best against Creasy, here are the results

Watson:  0-4   Lost by an average score of 23.75 points per game

Hartsfield:  0-3  Lost by an average score of 15.67 points per game

Tygard:  0-3  Lost by an average score of 29 points per game

Guys, I made a mistake in my math

Watson: 23.75 points per game

Harstfield: 22.33 points per game

Tygard:  29 points per game

Sorry for the mix up.  These old eyes are starting to fail me!

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Vol9093 said:

Guys, I made a mistake in my math

Watson: 23.75 points per game

Harstfield: 22.33 points per game

Tygard:  29 points per game

Sorry for the mix up.  These old eyes are starting to fail me!

I thought 15.67 seemed a little low for Hartsfield considering Blackman played them kind of close a couple times under him but one time they lost by 40. Makes more sense now. I was going to research myself when I had a chance!

• Upvote 1

I think Kriesky will do a good job. He’ll bring toughness, discipline, and good energy to the program. He will absolutely pour everything he has into the program and the kids. I bet he’s in it for the long haul too. Win loss record doesn’t tell the whole story. He’s going to do everything the right way too. 

I don’t know the ins and outs at Blackman and I’m not going to pretend to talk that much about them, but I’m confident Blackman has more talent then Centennial year in and year out. Kriesky will have more resources at Blackman too. Give him some time and I bet he’ll do a good job. Best of luck. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, chs1984 said:

Some of our fan base was underwhelmed with the hire that we made a couple of months back, and then he went out and assembled what is probably the best coaching staff in NW Georgia, and no, I am no longer a part of it, although I still help out a little. So give him a chance. 

I don't guess I understand the issue. I have been deep supporter of every Coach Blackman has had; This time it just happens to be in my opinion that was he is not a good fit for the program at this time. and somehow the thought is I/ we are not going to support him. As the biggest Blackman fan on this site, it is baffling to think folks who don't have a dog in the fight have gotten so riled up by the ideal that a very loyal fan to the program is not overly excited about the choice. Nothing said about not supporting him or the program. 

The funniest thing about all this is some of the folks throwing a fit in this thread who had no clue who Tygard was,  the same ones slamming me for supporting him. Seems like it . is darned if you do darned if you don't . Most of these folks will crawl back in their shell or flip the switch midway through this next season, and by season 2 will ready to see him tarred and feathered regardless of his record at that point 

• Like 1