Blackman

MidTennFootball

1 hour ago, Blaze45 said:

I don't guess I understand the issue. I have been deep supporter of every Coach Blackman has had; This time it just happens to be in my opinion that was he is not a good fit for the program at this time. and somehow the thought is I/ we are not going to support him. As the biggest Blackman fan on this site, it is baffling to think folks who don't have a dog in the fight have gotten so riled up by the ideal that a very loyal fan to the program is not overly excited about the choice. Nothing said about not supporting him or the program. 

The funniest thing about all this is some of the folks throwing a fit in this thread who had no clue who Tygard was,  the same ones slamming me for supporting him. Seems like it . is darned if you do darned if you don't . Most of these folks will crawl back in their shell or flip the switch midway through this next season, and by season 2 will ready to see him tarred and feathered regardless of his record at that point 

Totally agree. You can and will still support him while also having the opinion that he wasn’t the right hire. They’re not mutually exclusive.

2 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

I don't guess I understand the issue. I have been deep supporter of every Coach Blackman has had; This time it just happens to be in my opinion that was he is not a good fit for the program at this time. and somehow the thought is I/ we are not going to support him. As the biggest Blackman fan on this site, it is baffling to think folks who don't have a dog in the fight have gotten so riled up by the ideal that a very loyal fan to the program is not overly excited about the choice. Nothing said about not supporting him or the program. 

The funniest thing about all this is some of the folks throwing a fit in this thread who had no clue who Tygard was,  the same ones slamming me for supporting him. Seems like it . is darned if you do darned if you don't . Most of these folks will crawl back in their shell or flip the switch midway through this next season, and by season 2 will ready to see him tarred and feathered regardless of his record at that point 

Not riled up Mr. Blaze. And I’ll vouch 100% that you are the biggest Blackman supporter on this site and that I have no dog in this fight. In fact, I usually add the latter quote when I make a post like I did. Just adding a relevant example from an outsiders perspective. I hope the hire works out great for you guys. BTW, I remember, back when I used to go to the BlueCross Bowl at MTSU each year,that one particular year during Riverdale’s heyday, a man and his wife wearing Blackman shirts or jackets came in and sat a couple of rows in front of me. Could that have been you?

33 minutes ago, chs1984 said:

Not riled up Mr. Blaze. And I’ll vouch 100% that you are the biggest Blackman supporter on this site and that I have no dog in this fight. In fact, I usually add the latter quote when I make a post like I did. Just adding a relevant example from an outsiders perspective. I hope the hire works out great for you guys. BTW, I remember, back when I used to go to the BlueCross Bowl at MTSU each year,that one particular year during Riverdale’s heyday, a man and his wife wearing Blackman shirts or jackets came in and sat a couple of rows in front of me. Could that have been you?

I wasn't directing that post at you directly, just in general. Good probability . At heart I am a true Blue Blaze fan, but the core I support all these kids in RuCo. and will continue to do so. I believe the most important thing you can do for the youth in your area is simply show up, They may never know your name , but to look in the bleachers and know that their effort matters, be it Football. baseball, soccer track, ROTC or underwater basket weaving I think it matters.... 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 2/25/2023 at 9:53 AM, Blaze45 said:

I wasn't directing that post at you directly, just in general. Good probability . At heart I am a true Blue Blaze fan, but the core I support all these kids in RuCo. and will continue to do so. I believe the most important thing you can do for the youth in your area is simply show up, They may never know your name , but to look in the bleachers and know that their effort matters, be it Football. baseball, soccer track, ROTC or underwater basket weaving I think it matters.... 

Underwater basket weaving? You go through BUDS Blaze45?